To Spank or Not To Spank

lol@Sun Ship...I'm so pleased that you ventured in and found that I was speaking of the G-rated version. :laugh:

I think that the dialogue here about the merits of spankings as a form of discipline, is good. In modern times it's often classified as "tough love." I'm sure we know those who deliver spankings for every little thing and often without explanations or reasons given. There are some parents, when under stress, wield out spankings in anger and frustration, and to the detriment of not only the child, but to the family as a whole. Fortunately though, from what I'm reading here, there are those who give thoughtful consideration to how they interact with their children and all to help them develop into productive and considerate adults. In these situations, when used as a last resort, maybe the child learns to respect the reason for the discipline and not how to circumvent it and still do what they want anyway. I guess the bottom line is to know your child(ren) and do what you have to do, when you need to do it. When you act responsibly, it's then that you earn respect.

Peace :spinstar:

Quote Sister NNQueen,

“I think that the dialogue here about the merits of spankings as a form of discipline, is good. In modern times it's often classified as "tough love." I'm sure we know those who deliver spankings for every little thing and often without explanations or reasons given. There are some parents, when under stress, wield out spankings in anger and frustration, and to the detriment of not only the child, but to the family as a whole. Fortunately though, from what I'm reading here, there are those who give thoughtful consideration to how they interact with their children and all to help them develop into productive and considerate adults. In these situations, when used as a last resort, maybe the child learns to respect the reason for the discipline and not how to circumvent it and still do what they want anyway. I guess the bottom line is to know your child(ren) and do what you have to do, when you need to do it. When you act responsibly, it's then that you earn respect.”

Unquote

Peace Sister Queenie,

That was a very well balanced post, Sister Queenie. I was thinking, if I should call my mother and ask her did she”… wield out spankings in anger and frustration…” when she was raising the 5 of us, as a single mom. For I’m sure we stressed her many times (_lol) and I’m sure she was going to make sure our foolishness, at times, was going to be, to our own detriment and not hers. :lol:

But honestly, I think all that my mother gave us, from spankings, to wisdom, to spirituality, to loving touches and words, is the only reason I’m still alive and have survived so long. For, we grew up in a few, pretty tough environments and spanking was the least of our worries, even when we didn’t fully understand, all of the dangers of life and the reasons for discipline.

Peace

P.S. – defining the word “love(-ing)” in the context of mother to child “usually” goes without questioning, in a natural relationship.

I got spanked..I did fear my parents a little. I know my parents loved me and they explained to me why I got what I got. I know kids who don't get spankings. Their parents try to talk everything out. Some of those kids walk all over their parents. I watch some of these morning shows like Muary or Ricki Lake. And they have all these kids acting the fool with their parents. You're telling me that if a kid curses his parents they don't deserve a spanking? If a kid hits their parents, they don't deserve a spanking? I got spankings for things like disobeying my parents or being disrespectful to another adult. I took it and learned my lesson. I love my parents for laying down the law the way that they did. I didn't like it at the time, but I wasn't suppose to. The combination of love and fear worked for us. Worked for my sister, my cousins, and close friends of the family. In my experince, spankings work. They aren't always needed. But in those cases when they are...they work wonders.

yes i have to agree that it really works for the best
i truely don't believe that if a child or children never
get a spanking they will be so highly raised and never
feel the warth of a belt just the feed of talking we all know
that this not really true to bring young teens up they will
like it was stated run over you because they know nothing
going to happen but those who know about the belt also know
that if they act bad , mess up , or do any out the way thing
what will happen it is rare you fine a KID who been raised from
the common rule or history of family on spanking will never
dis re spect their parents
so now let's do the math here
just talks , no belt helps but not cure as they get older
a control factor move in talks out the window now ready
to strike back at the parents , street ridden now 6+ years
jailed a lost child ......lay the belt , talk as needed understanding
a respectful child , college bound , better emotions & feeling
no jail happy + future in life
i say this if my mom & dad had not spanked me truely i would
have felt they didn't love me ....
as my mom use to say ...baby i'm not about to spank you
because i'm mad or want to hurt you nor am i doing it because
you are bad but for what you did and because I LOVE YOU !!!
those words stayed with me forever and here i am a well respected person a man who care and better from the little
spankings ........There is no wrong in spanking a child
i will never believe that not once ....but i say that's beautiful
for those who don't have to spank and talking really do help
but it's really a myth that it make a child better i know
spanking do because i am a living wittness to it .......
you may not want to hear it but spanking save lives!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back