Black People : To Sister Destee

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003
Good evening, sister...

And, was or is true of me, I find each website a wee bit different than the last, as well as it does take a wee bit of patience etc. to get used to what its regular posters are about as well as into etc.

But given the urgency of what we're up against these days?

I don't have the same options, these time around!

It is the normal practice for those in conflict to either settle their differences via emails or just agree to disagree as well as get back to whatever were and are trying to accomplish...

On the other hand, while on the surface I consider most (if not all) of the exchanges cordial (if not friendly) as well as (mutually) respectful, that's just on the surface...

Instead there does seem and sound there are egos abound and/or clashes over what I do consider much to do about nothing a lot of the time...

Yes, people alleging and really trying to put forth notions of unity etc. are good and well, but not a good idea to base any attempts at advancing new agendas and/or attempts at new movements etc. upon false assumptions etc.

Y'see, I can easily know and understand Putney Swope's disappointments, because I've experienced directly what some folks all talk/no action posturing can and does lead to, as well as have seen the several message boards/websites self destruct over the same period of time he's just posted on this present day one...

Though however he (among others) feel:

I do believe they need to think of other means/ways/etc.. i e., to actually resolve their differences with people they just don't agree with, via more than the posters on these threads, etc.

Simply put:

To pretend that some clashes aren't serious matters is as bad as letting them go on unresolved as well...

Thing is:

First comes the thoughts...

Then the words...

Afterwards the deeds, i. e., a plan of action, proven or disproven by our and other folks actions?

Obviously I don't agree with those who blame what aills us as a people on those less able to even help themselves:

On the other hand:

Those better able to help them and their's, one doesn't just ask them to be all things to all of our peoples, either!

We have our own internal issues and problems:

Why deny the obvious?

And those other folks are already hip to that anyhow!

But, via many places and spaces, the social issues etc. which used to characterize white/black relations, etc., have long since be replaced with folk just bothering to be civil and if not cordial with each other...

After all:

At the end of the work day?

Like all people, they just go back to wherever they came from, anyway!

White people in general aren't the issue or the problem:

A self serving system of exploitation and oppression, which advances some people at the expense of others, etc., is!

Do keep in mind, when it came to the recent presidential horse race, that even the pundits were in awe of true attempts at election reform, in my neighbor state of Ohio...

Thing is?

They were and are the exception...

So do let us quit pretending not to know that those with the wealth-- and/or the power it allows them to wield--nonwhites or whites--are the true source of our concerns and/or our grief!

On the other hand:

Which even the aformentioned young brother may not be all that aware of either?

"Each generation--out of it's relative obscrurity--define their own mission(s)--or having not done so--betrays (them)...!"

Therefore people--like him--can choose to continue on the same path-- as those who mimic and emulate the white yuppies and the nonwhite rollers (drug dealers) ad naseum:

Or they can choose to rise above and beyond them...

We can not and should not try to make those choices for them...

Brother Chuck ... i'm not sure what you're talking about.

While I don't agree with all that you've said, I do agree with some, but am not sure why you've titled the thread / discussion to me.

If you're looking for a particular answer from me, please make the question(s) more specific, and I'll try to deliver.

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

Good evening, Sister Destee...

But I'm not always good at expressing how I feel or think via what I post and what I write...

Just take under advisement, however new I am to this forum, I just hope and pray a few of the contributors won't make the same old mistakes, which undermined others attempts to do the same things some of these other contributions are trying to accomplish as well...

Good luck!

Best wishes...

:fyi:

Brother Chuck ... why do you refer to yourself as "new" here? You've been a Member since 2003.

You are no longer new Brother ... :love:

I appreciate your concerns for the community, and will do all I can to insure our home remains respectful.

You know, I often think about how much I've learned here, and one of those things is being able to articulate myself more clearly as the years have passed. Practice really does lead to perfect. So don't be discouraged, just keep sharing your thoughts, for what one won't get another will. Remain forever encouraged.

Thanks for sharing with me! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back