Black People : To quit a job or not quit a job, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by rapunzal24, Jan 10, 2013.

1. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    Oh Lawd, I want to quit this bleepin' job! I can not stand it, but I won't because I got bills to pay and it is a ladder to what I want. That being said, how many of you have worked jobs you can't stand? And if you have, how did you cope? Give me some hope people....Like Martin said with one fist raised high, "Keep hope aliiiiiive!!!! (That's Martin Lawrence, lol!)

2. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    truthfully speaking....i've been on many jobs that i hated...i currently have the best job of my life up to this point right now...and every one of those sucky jobs had its roll to play in it...

quick story...finishing up school i worked at ups as a part time supervisor....it was the worst job i ever had...they played me so many times that i seriously wanted to choke a b like wayne brady...lol

17 years later i get the job that i have now at a logistics company partially due to my experience at ups...:confused:
    so the best advice i can give u is to just suck it up....keep looking for something better and enjoy the little things in life...because life is shorter than a mofo....just lost one of my friends last week....smh

one love
    khasm

3. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Life is short, that is why when I go home I try to let it all go, but I know my blood pressure was extra high, I had a headache. If I could have slapped someone in the face last week....I would have, but I would have been the crazy black chick. I know like you said, I got to suck it up, that is why I kept my mouth closed and just said yes sir boss. I hate doing that, I wanted to kick her and the other chick in the teeth. I would have quit right there on the spot....but I got bills to pay....I wish I could just headbutt somebody once....maybe twice.

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    when u get to where u want to be in life....u will look back on this gig...and your journey will be even that much more satisfying...trust me on that one...

one love
    khasm

5. Each1teach1

Each1teach1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    build up the nation
    Ratings:
    +986
    Yea I say suck it up until you cant take anymore. If you absolutely must get out NEVER quit until you have lined something else up or have a plan. Without me saying too much I'll say plan to get out of the job in such a way that you can collect unemployment, if you absolutely must get out but thats a last resort cuz you know them bills pile up!! lol

6. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    What was wrong with the PT Supervisor position at UPS? I just applied for that.

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    they were on some plantation ish with the way they conducted business and breaking up package jams on the convey belt messed up a lot of my good slacks, shirts and ties back in the day....like i said that was 17 years ago so maybe they are on something different now but back then i wanted to blow them mofos up....lol

good luck with that...

one love
    khasm

8. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    I wouldn't say I can't stand my job...I just don't have any intentions on making it my career....While I enjoy working with the students, it's the district and the red tap and politics involved I can't stand...

9. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I wish it was red tape....no it is these mofos....they don't need red tape, they take regular tape and make it red.

10. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Well it's people who create all this red-tape for me and everyone else...It serves it's purpose...But trust me, it sucks...they especially don't favor blacks too much...I've been passed over positions because I wasn't Hispanic and didn't speak spanish, however giving a job to someone who has less experience then me in this one position that I had been formally trained by the School Nurse.
    You walk on egg shells, you have to be careful of what you say because the district isn't big and word travels fast...and no one will have your back if you're black.
    I was forewarned by my former boss who got me into the district because he was high up in the Admin. He told me that because I was black that it would be difficult for me cause the white folks do not want anyone intelligent and black to surpass them in position.