Black Poetry : To my family at Destee's house...

Cindy

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 23, 2001
Occupation
Retired clerical
I would like to take a moment of time to say that I love to write here at Destee’s place. There is a feeling of family here, but, most of all… I can be whoever I want to be here.
Sometime awhile back, I wrote some poetry and someone asked if this was about my husband, I indignantly replied that it was not. The poem was about my husband, in fact, the whole 'series of trees' had him in mind. I was embarrassed to say that it was about him because I wrote some pretty heartbreaking stuff about him and didn’t want to admit that I still loved him. I am sorry to mislead anyone. I have been with my husband off and on for 18 years and have hope that one day our marriage will not be so rocky.
I explained to my husband that my poetry is ‘creative writing’ and that he should not count every word to be my innermost feelings, especially when I need to vent or times that we have split up and I have sat up late just writing whatever whim came into my head. Mostly, he was upset at my response to a particular piece where I denied him and said that I had someone new... and that was just my selfish attempt not to look dumb to everyone by still loving him.
I must apologize again, I never meant to mislead or hurt anyone, my husband has always and will be first in my heart.
There are people here that I consider good friends, although we have never met… I relate to their writing that well. Then there is blakverb who, after a 'good conversation' on the page about his poetry, we decided to be related/family - ‘brother’ and ‘sister’ (we are all family here at Destee’s, anyway, thanks to Destee).
Well, I just needed to get this off my chest. At times, my marriage has given me a multitude of emotions that pour out in all types of ways so I needed to make clear who I am...
Thank you all for being supportive and patient with me.
Cindy

Awwww! Sister Cindy! (((((((Cindy)))))))

I don't believe that there is anyone here who can say that they have never felt this way or have done something similar. I understand Sis! I'm happy to hear you found the strength to admit this things openly. It really doesn't matter what we think but what you think, and the steps you are willing to take to heal. You are on your way to healing your wounds Sister!

Much love to you and yours!

Sis,

As you have said this is our house. You can be you here. We all have rocky moments in our lives. We just need to be wise in how we deal with them. We are all God's children and he shall watch over, guide, and protect us. My sister you keep writing and being you, just be wise. And if you ever need to rap just holler at a brother.

Peace, love, and words
blak

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back