Black Poetry : To my family at Destee's house...

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by Cindy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    I would like to take a moment of time to say that I love to write here at Destee’s place. There is a feeling of family here, but, most of all… I can be whoever I want to be here.
    Sometime awhile back, I wrote some poetry and someone asked if this was about my husband, I indignantly replied that it was not. The poem was about my husband, in fact, the whole 'series of trees' had him in mind. I was embarrassed to say that it was about him because I wrote some pretty heartbreaking stuff about him and didn’t want to admit that I still loved him. I am sorry to mislead anyone. I have been with my husband off and on for 18 years and have hope that one day our marriage will not be so rocky.
    I explained to my husband that my poetry is ‘creative writing’ and that he should not count every word to be my innermost feelings, especially when I need to vent or times that we have split up and I have sat up late just writing whatever whim came into my head. Mostly, he was upset at my response to a particular piece where I denied him and said that I had someone new... and that was just my selfish attempt not to look dumb to everyone by still loving him.
    I must apologize again, I never meant to mislead or hurt anyone, my husband has always and will be first in my heart.
    There are people here that I consider good friends, although we have never met… I relate to their writing that well. Then there is blakverb who, after a 'good conversation' on the page about his poetry, we decided to be related/family - ‘brother’ and ‘sister’ (we are all family here at Destee’s, anyway, thanks to Destee).
    Well, I just needed to get this off my chest. At times, my marriage has given me a multitude of emotions that pour out in all types of ways so I needed to make clear who I am...
    Thank you all for being supportive and patient with me.
    Cindy

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Awwww! Sister Cindy! (((((((Cindy)))))))

I don't believe that there is anyone here who can say that they have never felt this way or have done something similar. I understand Sis! I'm happy to hear you found the strength to admit this things openly. It really doesn't matter what we think but what you think, and the steps you are willing to take to heal. You are on your way to healing your wounds Sister!

Much love to you and yours!

3. blakverb

blakverb Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +32
    Sis,

As you have said this is our house. You can be you here. We all have rocky moments in our lives. We just need to be wise in how we deal with them. We are all God's children and he shall watch over, guide, and protect us. My sister you keep writing and being you, just be wise. And if you ever need to rap just holler at a brother.

Peace, love, and words
    blak

4. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    It's all good, girl. Just keep doin what you do best, and that's flowin. :peace:

5. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    I think we've all at one time or another felt a need to flow or vent in poetry. And although we wanted to release the feelings, perhaps we didn't necessarily want to say everything there is about it. We reveal much, but that doesn't make our lives an open book. Do what you feel comfortable with at the time. :)

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    surely it's all understandable and we all have these moments and go through hardship
    in a relationship or marriage and to vent is like releasing so go head let it flow vent
    and be as you are and who you are God Bless Cindy !

7. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    it's all good cindy...your fam here understands...i know i do...
    be well sista....

one love
    khasm

8. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +11
    Thank you

I am so glad that you all can feel me on this, as I have said... we are family and you all are so important to me :heart: You make my heart :)

9. phenomenalwoman

phenomenalwoman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +10
    Just be yourself, sister. people may try to judge you but in the end we only have one judge. its beautiful how we, basically strangers, can come together in this house and some how feel connected. flow on sister

10. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    and youre in ours to :smile:

and we feel ya ..

we hope that the two of you are just :couple:

Much love Cin..:heart:

Lovelibertylady:heart: