Black Short Stories : To Love Divine

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by soulful2006, May 16, 2005.

1. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    Young love is obviously one if those things that many are not sure of. In my case I was too sure. I found myself in a relationship with a best friend and a teammate. I used to pride myself in not mixing business wiht plessure but like everything else in life I found myself throwing that notion out of the window. I met him at a track meet and we connected instantly later realizing that we were friends before when we were kids and love meant nothing. I must have fell in love instantly but I refused to let it be known. I spent nights and days yearning for the chance to let him know how I felt. I soon found out that this fire was years in the making. We lost contact and I finally got it back once school resumed. This time something was different.
    He made a conscious effort to avoid me no matter what the cost. I didn't want to beat around the bush with him but I did pretending not to notice the sudden change in his emotions. He even resorted to playing a sport that he had no desire to play to spend less time with me. I decided that I had seen enough. I hunted him down to until finally one day I caught him. I yelled and threw the biggest fit I had ever thrown and the entire time he was laughing at me. When I finished yelling at him he asked "Are you done?"
    I said yes. He spent the next several minutes looking into my eyes and for the first time since we had embarked upon our love journey I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He finally spoke and when he did I heard the most beautiful words my ears had ever encountered. He said, " Let me guess you want to know why I've been avoiding you all this time. The answer is apparently not what you think it is b/c if you knew you wouldn't be screaming. You are something new to me and it becomes more apparent everyday. I can't be around you without feeling something new and different and I like it. truthis I do love you and that's something I wasn't ready to say b/c I didn't know how you felt. I see now that you care b/c noone would go through the pains to find me that you have." I think I laughed and cried enough to last me a lifetime.
    The interesting thing is that today we are not together but there is something still there that the both of us can feel. We talk about from time to time but we agreed not to act on it untilthe time was right.to this day i still don't see why he still told me he loved me wiht asll the yelling I did but it must be true b/c he put himself through hell to be with me.I can't see myself loving anyone else like I've loveed him and that's truth.

The moral is love is patient love is kind love endures longsuffering and most of all....Love is something that you must wait on or else you may end up with something you're not supposed to have. Adversity can be a when you really believe in something. This is how I learned to Love Divine.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    one love deep soul this was very nice
    love the short story here pt.2 please ?

3. soulful2006

soulful2006 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +18
    you may most certainly have a part 2!!!

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    bring it on so i can get my read on !
    I love it ........................................

5. poetic_diva

poetic_diva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    wow this sounds something like a story I'm working on now. I'm going to post the first part. I was definitely feeling this. I wish you both the best. Love is nothing to play with.

Much Love

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    true indeed ...........had to revisit this one .