Black People : To Like or Dislike it

I gave you a dislike on this comment. Waiting for you to go spastic in .....5......4.....3......2.....

lol

I started to give him one also, then make a post giving him a hundred more...

:SuN049:

Peace!

They'll survive, if not we can set up a therapy thread for victims of "clicking abuse".
May already have some threads that victims can join in to provide mental assistance via the therapy sessions.

Well can you go and find the 47 dislikes you gave me and changes them to like? It's an ego thang...:uhh:

The one left over I gave to myself just for GP...:nails:

:rofl:

Peace!

Do the "likes", "love", "dislikes", "thank yous", and "false" buttons on your posts bother you or get you hyped up? I'm curious.

I post to communicate.. meaning.. "to impart" (information, etc.), from Latin communicatus, past participle of communicare "impart, inform".. Meaning "to share, transmit". And sharing involves more than just me.

In the words of Ralph Ellison's unnamed protagonist in his novel "Invisible Man":

"Why do I write, torturing myself to put it down? Because in spite of myself I’ve learned some things. Without the possibility of action, all knowledge comes to one labeled “file and forget,” and I can neither file nor forget. Nor will certain ideas forget me; they keep filing away at my lethargy, my complacency. Why should I be the one to dream this nightmare? Why should I be dedicated and set aside-yes, if not to at least tell a few people about it?"

That's why I'm here. And so the acknowledgement of my ideas, observations, etc.. from my peers is important to me. If it wasn't I would never have created an account here.. or anywhere.

In fact, I believe, that when one reaches the point where nothing anyone says matters, they have reached the point of invisibility.. of complete apathy.. and are no longer available for partnering.. for building.. for much of anything involving community.. and as such, I would question one's motivation for wasting their time talking at folks who they don't care enough about to value their reactions to what they say.

so, yes.. I care. I care awholehlluvalot. Whether or not a person does crazy things for acknowledgements (likes, etc) should not reflect anything negative on the acknowledgements. Seeking the appreciation and acceptance of your peers is a natural human thing. But what if your peers are twisted?.. perverted?.. immoral?... that's the real problem.

If you did something crazy, would the people in your circle of influence applaud you?... would they smile and share?.. it all comes down to what kind of person you are.. and what kind of people make up your circle. in my opinion..

--Context is everything.

Very good question!!!!

I use the like button to show that my response is about their post, and not them. Just because I oppose it does not mean it isn't a good post. What I don't do is use the dislike button because it makes your rating look bad, people misuse it, and it does not tell you what I dislike about your post. I like to use my words to do that. I personally don't think your rating should go down just because I disagree with your post. Just that just how it works, and for the most part people use it right. It's just at times you have those few that do it out of spite...

Peace!

Good morning...

And it's been far more important is to always reply about what really concerns all destee.com posters!!

fyi

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back