Black People : To Like or Dislike it

Angela22

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 26, 2013
Do the "likes", "love", "dislikes", "thank yous", and "false" buttons on your posts bother you or get you hyped up? I'm curious.

Throughout social media, I'm certain it's easy to see, "likes" seem to drive many people to do some of the insane, dangerous, and downright shameful things they do, because they see it(those "likes") as some sort of validation towards their life and actions.

So, do the buttons here sway you? make you feel some sorta way? Do you shrug it off? Does it make you rethink your words? Make you hold in others?

I used to be a bit more concerned with "likes" when I was first introduced to the concept, so to speak, but at this point, idungivafuss about it. :lol: Not that much, anyway. I mean, at the end of the day, all it shows is some people agreed and others did not. It's not "truth points", just numbers that say you have someone's attention, negative or positive.

Do the "likes", "love", "dislikes", "thank yous", and "false" buttons on your posts bother you or get you hyped up? I'm curious.

Throughout social media, I'm certain it's easy to see, "likes" seem to drive many people to do some of the insane, dangerous, and downright shameful things they do, because they see it(those "likes") as some sort of validation towards their life and actions.

So, do the buttons here sway you? make you feel some sorta way? Do you shrug it off? Does it make you rethink your words? Make you hold in others?

I used to be a bit more concerned with "likes" when I was first introduced to the concept, so to speak, but at this point, idungivafuss about it. :lol: Not that much, anyway. I mean, at the end of the day, all it shows is some people agreed and others did not. It's not "truth points", just numbers that say you have someone's attention, negative or positive.

Very good question!!!!

I use the like button to show that my response is about their post, and not them. Just because I oppose it does not mean it isn't a good post. What I don't do is use the dislike button because it makes your rating look bad, people misuse it, and it does not tell you what I dislike about your post. I like to use my words to do that. I personally don't think your rating should go down just because I disagree with your post. Just that just how it works, and for the most part people use it right. It's just at times you have those few that do it out of spite...

Peace!

Of course, everyone enjoys getting "Likes," whether they think it validates their thought process, or not, i'm not sure. however, I feel that if someone dislikes a post, they should explain why they dislike it. the only rating I've ever received that annoyed me...was a "disrespectful" rating with no commentary about how my response was disrespectful. I didn't get that. nonetheless, I accept that there are people who will disagree with responses that I give. but there are times when those people will try to attack you, personally, because of your views. that's unacceptable.

Without an explanation it makes no difference to me. Some go spastic if they get a negative rating

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back