Black People : To Like or Dislike it

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Angela22, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,319
    Do the "likes", "love", "dislikes", "thank yous", and "false" buttons on your posts bother you or get you hyped up? I'm curious.

Throughout social media, I'm certain it's easy to see, "likes" seem to drive many people to do some of the insane, dangerous, and downright shameful things they do, because they see it(those "likes") as some sort of validation towards their life and actions.

So, do the buttons here sway you? make you feel some sorta way? Do you shrug it off? Does it make you rethink your words? Make you hold in others?

I used to be a bit more concerned with "likes" when I was first introduced to the concept, so to speak, but at this point, idungivafuss about it. :lol: Not that much, anyway. I mean, at the end of the day, all it shows is some people agreed and others did not. It's not "truth points", just numbers that say you have someone's attention, negative or positive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love It Love It x 1
    • List
  2. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Very good question!!!!

I use the like button to show that my response is about their post, and not them. Just because I oppose it does not mean it isn't a good post. What I don't do is use the dislike button because it makes your rating look bad, people misuse it, and it does not tell you what I dislike about your post. I like to use my words to do that. I personally don't think your rating should go down just because I disagree with your post. Just that just how it works, and for the most part people use it right. It's just at times you have those few that do it out of spite...

Peace!

3. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Of course, everyone enjoys getting "Likes," whether they think it validates their thought process, or not, i'm not sure. however, I feel that if someone dislikes a post, they should explain why they dislike it. the only rating I've ever received that annoyed me...was a "disrespectful" rating with no commentary about how my response was disrespectful. I didn't get that. nonetheless, I accept that there are people who will disagree with responses that I give. but there are times when those people will try to attack you, personally, because of your views. that's unacceptable.

4. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

They are comical and are typically used more for trolling than anything.
    In other words it is easier to click on a button (easy button), than it is to response with coherent words.

When I was creating and running online communities (not websites), I made it a point to remove all the negative associations, and left the positive associations. This forced the "trolls" to actually have to type something, and express their characteristic or objection to what they read.

Somebody clicking on buttons without responding makes me think of the kids that used to ring and run.
    Irrational, but what mature minded person does that, so they usually got a pass.

Sometimes, thinking is hard to do... I blame the education system(s) though, as social media (and the inter-networking systems in general) is seemingly doing a better job (whether good or bad) at providing information to mature and immature minded persons.

If you have folks agreeing with everything, that's when someone probably needs to expand their environment. "Cults" are an interesting phenomenon.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    Without an explanation it makes no difference to me. Some go spastic if they get a negative rating

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • True True x 1
    • List
  6. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    No I don't get hyped. I like when someone likes my post and i dislike when someone dislikes my post lol
    hahahahaaha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  7. MS234

MS234 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,901
    I gave you a dislike on this comment. Waiting for you to go spastic in .....5......4.....3......2.....

lol

8. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

:10100:

:lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

9. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,319
    That would be a really great feature to go with the negative ratings. Having to explain, that way people wouldn't just always click it because of personal grudges.

But what about when one person has the other on ignore? They can't properly respond to someone who ain't even tryin' to hear it. Lol

True. It's easier for some to brush off like nothing, but others will behave as if life and death hang in the balance. Hahaa.

Simple. I think most feel that way about it. :D

10. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

Myself and others, like Liberty, have simply asked posters and found either a mistake was made, or a correction was in order, if this helps any.