Black Spirituality Religion : To Know God is to Love Him

Exodus 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
I wasn't talking about man's love but GOD'S love.

Have a nice day.

John 3:16 For God so LOVED the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And I'm talking about God's love too: "...If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:15...

The difference is, God's Love in John 3:16 is in the PAST TENSE while God's Love in 1 John 2:15 is in the PRESENT TENSE ....
God is the Alpha and the Omega...the Beginning and the End.

I think you need to go back and read John 3:16 again.

Peace, my brother.

I would just like to say that I kind of disagree with this; the law given by Moses and endorsed by Jesus was to love God with all your heart, mind, etc. If the people must be commanded to love God, then it appears to me that love for Him is not automatic, less there would be no need for a command...would you agree with that?...

Peace.
Broham

Also, "thou shall have no other god before me"

Another command that if disobeyed meant death. Like when god commanded the soldiers in Moses group to kill those who made a graven image in gold.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back