Black Relationships : To Judge a Person by their past or not?

legit-writer

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 12, 2002
Two questions:

1. If you was getting to know someone and they say they are interested in you, and they tell you that they used to cheat, would you give them a chance still or would that be a deal breaker because you have in the back of your mind that they may do the same to you, even though they say they have changed. If you do give them a chance, would you expect something or another from them that will constantly assure you that they will not cheat on you and that have truly changed?

2. If you was getting to know someone and they tell you that they used to be in prison, whether it's for drug dealing, or anything that would result in serious time behind bars, but they tell you that they are not like that anymore and that they have changed, would you give them a chance still. Why or why not?

Two questions:

1. If you was getting to know someone and they say they are interested in you, and they tell you that they used to cheat, would you give them a chance still or would that be a deal breaker because you have in the back of your mind that they may do the same to you, even though they say they have changed. If you do give them a chance, would you expect something or another from them that will constantly assure you that they will not cheat on you and that have truly changed?

2. If you was getting to know someone and they tell you that they used to be in prison, whether it's for drug dealing, or anything that would result in serious time behind bars, but they tell you that they are not like that anymore and that they have changed, would you give them a chance still. Why or why not?

1. All depend if there is signs of redeem and redemption, everyone can change and often do
sometime for the betterment of self and some well change for the worst but they change
it would play a tune in the back of the mind if they truely have but as life we live is taken
chances yes i would look for something a sign that say they trueful, I think everyone should
be given a chance to prove themselves .......Think about it they was trueful enough to admit
there wrong of the past was a major key to change so yes i would.

2. yes......everyone is not as guilty and again signs of redemption and they have redeem
themselves as well i would look at it as they paid the price once why should convict them again
if they not real or trueful it will show , but i will not allow myself to get deep until i'm sure

1) Deal breaker. My motto is that "a love sometimes punishes." Our justice should not be about 'assurances' that one would not do something again, but about punishing those who do wrong. Granted, living by ideal standards will keep you single, but you also won't be cheated on. ;-)

2) Serious time behind bars? Like Black man or White man serious time? A "sister" (I'll use the proper gender for me) who steals a candy bar and gets twenty-five years seems like a fine person to me; but na, I don't care if you say you won't burn a Church again, you're getting out of my house, now!

1) Deal breaker. My motto is that "a love sometimes punishes." Our justice should not be about 'assurances' that one would not do something again, but about punishing those who do wrong. Granted, living by ideal standards will keep you single, but you also won't be cheated on. ;-)

2) Serious time behind bars? Like Black man or White man serious time? A "sister" (I'll use the proper gender for me) who steals a candy bar and gets twenty-five years seems like a fine person to me; but na, I don't care if you say you won't burn a Church again, you're getting out of my house, now!

I feel ya but don't you think one can redeem self /change and with proof still ya heart
would be cold and pose a death ear because of a lost past and not give a chance to a
future....???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back