Black Spirituality Religion : To Joyce....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Music Producer

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 31, 2004
Joyce,

Please explain this……

In the Old Testaments GOD said these events would befall us if we were to break our agreement with HIM. These things would befall us for our sins.

Deut:28:48: Therefore shalt thou serve thine enemies which the LORD shall send against thee, in hunger, and in thirst, and in nakedness, and in want of all things: and he shall put a yoke of iron upon thy neck, until he have destroyed thee.

Deut:28:49: The LORD shall bring a nation against thee from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue thou shalt not understand;

These events occurred after the death of Jesus, who is supposedly died for our sins. If he died for our sins shouldn’t the words that GOD spoke in Deuteronomy have been washed away? Slavery and the hard bondage should not have taken place? What’s up with that?

music producer- WRONG! :rolleyes:

come on man, understand the book before you throw it.
how rediculous.

Before the birth of Jesus, those two verses were fulfilled as Israel were subjects of Babylon, Rome and the Philistines- countries afar off.

you ignorantly ask " lf he died for our sins, Shouldn't the words God spoke in Deutoronomy have been washed away..?
the answer as Jesus put it: "l have not come to destroy the law, but fulfill it"
l don't think you understand what that means.

You speak of slavery and bondage, but do you know how Christ makes you free??

Music Producer, by all means, do as Solomon says as you try to debate. Try this first- "With all your getting, get understanding."

peace with respect
jh.

j'hiah said:

how rediculous.

Before the birth of Jesus, those two verses were fulfilled as Israel were subjects of Babylon, Rome and the Philistines- countries afar off.

you ignorantly ask " lf he died for our sins, Shouldn't the words God spoke in Deutoronomy have been washed away..?
the answer as Jesus put it: "l have not come to destroy the law, but fulfill it"

Music Producer, by all means, do as Solomon says as you try to debate. Try this first- "With all your getting, get understanding."

peace with respect
jh.
Babylon and those nations you named were not far off and we understood their language, they were the neighboring heathens, so that’s not fulfillment of that scripture.

But I am not arguing I just wanted to see what you guys believe and how you work around stuff like this. I shell ask more questions to the servants of Jesus is that’s OK.

j'hiah said:

how rediculous.

peace with respect
jh.

What preciseness...what truth. Thank you J'hiah. We see through a glass darkly and I certainly concur with what you've seen concerning this matter. I try very hard not to talk to this dear brotha. However, I had to come up in heah when I read the title of his thread. If I could name-call just one time (and not worry bout gettin' spanked :spank: by mommie Destee), I would call him spiritually deranged. But since we ain allowed to name call, I won't call him a religious nut either. :rolleyes:

On a sweeter note...how have you been?

~j

Joyce said:
I would call him spiritually deranged. But since we ain allowed to name call, I won't call him a religious nut either. :rolleyes:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measurement ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote (speck) that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and them shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother’s eye.” Matthew 7:1-5
“But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words shalt thou be condemned.” Matthew 12:36,37

Status
Not open for further replies.