Black Poetry : to desthee.......

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by LibertyLady, Feb 20, 2003.

1. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi desthee and family ..
    i just wanted to say..that you may see that i will post a lot off poems at the same day......
    its because i have a friend who lost someone dearest..
    and again i was confronted with the fact again....that you have to life today...express..today....love today.
    cause tomorrow is up to tha lord..

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    LibertyLaida ... i'm sorry to hear of your friend's loss, but i don't understand how posting a lot of poems at the same time (flooding the forum) will help them with this loss? Are they coming to the forum to read them? Why not email the poems to them? How many is a lot?

When you add a lot of poems within a short period of time, you deny the other poets of having their work featured on the first page of the poetry forum, by pushing it to the back.

If there is something that I'm missing, a reason that warrants this, please let me know. I'm more than willing to make adjustments if needed.

Please don't think I'm trying to be difficult, it's just that much has gone into establishing and getting folk to be aware of the rules and etiquette we have here. If others see you doing what is not allowed, they will feel they can do it too.

Please understand my position. Thanks.

:heart:

Destee

3. LibertyLady

LibertyLady Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker...
    Ratings:
    +9
    oh ok yes they come to this forum to read.......
    no the reason why i post them is because i just want to post them because of caurse i want to express my self and show you guys my poems..and see what people think of it.......
    but what i ment is.....that by the llost of this person ..i realized that Tommorow i could be gone.......you know...
    i dont have an own personal computer so i go to these cafe,s...so than i post what i have written at the same time...

but of course i want to give other people the chance to post..
    can you let me know how manny i can post in one day?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Hi LibertyLaida ... there's no "limit" as such, regarding how many new threads can be started in a certain amount of time.

I'm very slow to create rules, this forum was up more than a year before we had our first rule. I'm going to try and let us regulate ourselves, without adding new rules, whenever possible. Hmmmm ... let me see ... i've said before that if one poet has 5 or more of their poems on the first page of the Poetry Forum, they are probably posting too often, within a short period of time. You currently have 8.

With only 40 spots available and lots of different poets wanting their work featured in those spots ... what do you think the limit should be?

:heart:

Destee