Black Short Stories : to chase a dream, pt.4

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by dnommo, Feb 4, 2003.

1. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    "Hey I was wondering if you had the Thompson ac.....Oh, ummm, excuse me. I didn't know you had company?" Mr. Johnson responds sheepishly after interrupting the couple sprawled across his desk.

"Well, ahem, as you can see I am in a VERY IMPORTANT MEET-ING," he speaks sternly as he gertures towards to door.

"Oh right...RI-GHT! I'll uhh...just leave this with your secretary." Mr. Johnson rushes out embarassed by what he had seen.

She looks into the eyes of her man gently outlinging the muscular dimensions of his arms as they strain to hold them both on the desk. She smiles as she lets out a slight moan indiacting her approval. "I like what I see."

"Just like? You just LIKE what you see? Well then I guess this meeting is adjourned." He begins to rise from atop her and stands with his back to the window allowing the heat of the sunlight to warm his back. He begins to collect his clothes and pull up his pants.

"Did I say LIKE? Please forgive me," speaking apologetically with a little cynacism as she leans towards him, "I didn't mean to insult you. I am very impressed with your, umm, portfolio and I am looking forward to seeing more." She reaches forward to grab his hand preventing him from raising his pants any further. "Shall we continue with the meeting?"

His phone rings. "I need to take this one....Hello? Yes....Sure....2:30 is fine. Yessir." He hangs up the phone and continue to collect his clothes. "I'm sory but I must end this meeting early. My boss has scrheduled an emergency meeting and I must prepare."

"I understand. So when shall we finish? Tonight? I'll fix you dinner and then you can be my..."

"Listen. I think things are moving way too fast. I've enjoyed all that been going on but I need to know if you are truly ready to move ahead with this or am I just a temporary fix?"

"FIX? Is that what you call it? Like I am some kinda crackhead? Do you think I am so desperate that I go sleeping with just anybody because I need A FIX? Sheesh you do know how to F--- up a moment." She clumsily grabs her clothes dropping pieces as she picks up others. Her anger causes her to stumble into the chair. He picks up her blouse and hands it to her as she snatches it out of his hand, mumbling and cursing at him. "Just like my old boyfriend. *****'s...why do i deal with'em."

"Whoa, whoa, hold up with all that. I didn't mean anything by that statement. It's just that when we met I asked you that question and I want to be sure that you know what you're getting into." He embraces her to calm her down. "Listen, I enjoy spending time with you and all we have enjoyed so far. But, I am also being careful for I don't want neither of us to be hurt."

"Hurt? hmph, the only one who will be hurt is you if you think I'm gonna let you get that close to me after your immature comments. I like you but you got it confused. I think YOU need to ask yourself ARE YOU SURE I'M WHAT YOU WANT! Call me when you grow up." She storms out the door leaving her purse on the desk.

He reclines back in his chair staring out the window sipping a bottled water. As he closes his eyes to think about her comments, she rushes in to get her purse still mumbling and cursing at him. As she reaches the door he speaks a few words that stops her in her tracks.

"You have always been what i wanted..."

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    wow!!! man where u been
    i was thinking bout ya very smooth story

3. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    hey bro' i've been in the meadow reflecting. i have quieted my pen for now just so that i can take care of some more pressing situations...

all is well though...

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    great words of wisdom flow for da pen
    when tyme allow let da ink drip upon us ....
    great to feel ya flow and read u
    ya missed brutha

5. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    thanks poet...i am hoping to return soon. my pen is quieted and i am taking time to replenish...i see you are holding the room down for our FATHER so if you ever become weary...let me know...there is always room in the meadow for another strong pen...

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    upon you my brutha in christ i shall cometh ...

7. sexe1

sexe1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Purchaing
    Ratings:
    +0
    missing you

As always another off the chain passage, I had been missing your story glad to you are back...is there a part 5?

8. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    working on it...will let you know...thanks for the support

9. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    And he write's stories too, Wow! brilliant

10. dnommo

United States
    Ratings:
    +15
    thank you...i would hope you visit the first three chapters of this story...i'm sure you would enjoy...