Black People : To ALL the Brothers doing "Daddy Duty"!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Happy Dads Day! Remember, WE are our kids role models. Not some Arrogant, Whoring, Greedy athlete or celeb. Also, try and be a Dad to more than your own biological kids. If this means taking more than one wife, then so be it. The children are more important than the rest. :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

2. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Peace and Blessings

I absolutely like this post...It opens up a great point!!! With in the Black community we ought to start thinking about our options ...to rebuild our families!

I personally know of women who comes from different religions of different ages and up bringing who have recently told me that they would be ok with being married to a man who was already married. KNOWINGLY

AGAIN WE HAVE TO START TO PROCESS OUR REALITIES AND LOOK FOR OPTIONS TO REBUILD.

Of course men whom takes on this responsibility has to know much is expected either way...and much thought has to be put into place as well as communication and roles!!!!!!

Peace and Unity

3. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    You know, in as much as I liked that post, it's really much deeper than that. When I think about my children, it's more like they are an extension of all that Europeans have made our ancestors forget. I see them as a new birth of all that has been taken from us culturally, historically and spiritually. I see my children as the promise of our future and as an extension of things that I could not bring into fruition because my time and life was spent making sure that they obtained the memory and knowledge of who we are as a people. Now, in having done that, what role they may take in terms of scholarship or outright warriors is up to them. The point is that I have done my job. By the way, with all the perpetrators that there are with our people, in the final outcome I do not expect the numbers to be large in terms of those who will restore that which we were robbed of.

Even now, I read all the post. I have yet to read a post where someone is referring us to a black radio station, a black website to expand our consciousness or a black group that is working to restore or implement what we were robbed of or that is working to uplift our people. So by no means, do not think I am deceived by the level of people who are posting here. I check all things out. We ask questions and post some silly nonsense about things that I could talk about at a bar with anyone...but when it comes to really posting what matters in terms of what will uplift our children or people....you can forget about reading any of that stuff here.

This is why I do not really post the way i would like to...I see through the bulls--- that is being posted here in terms of what we really need to be about as a people. I see and I understand, so it's not like we REALLY LOVE BLACK PEOPLE....cause if we did it would reflect in the post that we write.That is real daddy duty! I just had some brothers order 10 of my books and 5 of Queens book. I had to talk with those brothers on the phone just to gain a understanding of why they were ordering the amount of books that they were.They in turn let me know what and why they were doing what they were. They also turned me on to other brothers and other study groups in America who were striving to uplift our children and people. They equally turned me on to website radio stations that were broadcasting our scholars and the information that our people are in need of. In doing all that they did it opened my eyes also in terms of what is going on around this country in terms of our people. I couldn't help but to think about the posters and people on this site in terms of what is being posted and what isn't. I don't want to drag this all out, I just wanted to speak on what DADDY"S should be really doing....in fact, what mothers should be doing as well./SIZE]

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

I hear and feel you on this for numerous reasons. I actually had to abondon some web sites I had established and are working on others to replace them at lower or no cost...using social netwoking sites which can actually defeat the purpose. Thats why I take breaks because time is money and if I cant survuve economically I feel time is being wasted.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a peaceful and joyous day with their families. I spent mine trying to get organized so that I can move on and generate some capital for a e-learning community.

Peace.

5. Jazzytude

Jazzytude Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Peace and Blessings

I will defanitely start to refer different black radio stations, websites, groups and organizations that I feel expands our counciousness about who we are As Africans in this scattered nation!!!!!!

I have a lot going on but I have to push on thru!!!!

Peace