Black Spirituality Religion : To all practitioners of Ifa Orisha, Vodun, Akan, or any other Traditional African Religion

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Peace,

That's a loaded statement. What exactly do you mean by that? I don't want to misinterpret where you're coming from.

Peace
of the different 'woke' black people that i know of we all seem to be struggling on the lower levels economically.

i don't know of any of us that have any kind of power position in the community.
we do not seem to be doing as well as i think we should.

on the personal level everywhere i go with my art i encounter brainwashed negroes blocking the way.

lastly, i am troubled by the fact that black people are oppressed all around the world.

why aren't we doing better ?

Last edited:

Moon Child

Aug 13, 2012
i think it is a legitimate question.....
Yes, it is, however, based on the OP the Orisha gods have no place to stop anything. It's about evolution, increasing the vibration of your consciousness. That takes individual work. The gods/goddesses are here to lend assistance, no different than angels, in fact, they are angels. It is up to man to fend for himself and yes, it's unfortunate that applies to heinous acts orchestrated by others and even our own ancestors who sold Africans.

When you start acting like a victim (save me) then there is no growth. Furthermore, the God of the bible has abandoned his people, why are black folk so quick to accept THIS JEW God as our own? We are NOT his chosen people. Well, we all know why... but it's at our own detriment. Respectively, these questions are good to ask but we are crossing into different territory not simular.

Mind you I am not arguing here just noticed some discrepancies that cancel one another out.

Precise Allah

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta Georgia
Occupation
Peacemaker
of the different 'woke' black people that i know of we all seem to be struggling on the lower levels economically.

i don't know of any of us that have any kind of power position in the community.
we do not seem to be doing as well as i think we should.

on the personal level everywhere i go with my art i encounter brainwashed negroes blocking the way.

lastly, i am troubled by the fact that black people are oppressed all around the world.

why aren't we doing better ?
Peace,

1 year later.......

As a community we aren't doing better because there are still many in the community teaching our people lies, causing them to wait for that which is never coming. To be honest there are still a great many people who are not ready or willing to change their ways. Many who think they're doing fine when comparatively speaking, they're dirt poor...... mentally and physically.

Shoot, in my nation we teach the truth and still people come and go. They don't call us 5% for nothing. Many want better but only a small few are willing to work at doing better.

Peace

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Omowale Jabali African Traditional Religion : Questions for ATR Practitioners African Traditional Religion Study Group 30
pamelab The Front Porch : Introduction on to forum - Know of any Yoruba practitioners in Louisiana? The Front Porch 16
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : AFRIKAN THEORETICIAN AS OPPOSE TO BEING BLACK PRACTITIONERS Chief Elder Osiris 0
D Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba & BaKongo practitioners? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 9
N African Traditional Religion : Learning/adopting Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 1
I Support : Where to start in IFA Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 1
Knowledge Seed Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa Speaks Against Whites in ATRs Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 65
KingSango African Traditional Religion : IFA v.s Buddhism. African Traditional Religion Study Group 46
Phylecia Black Spirituality Religion : Video of IFA Ogun Priest Facing a Racist Antagonist Radio Host Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : LET'S TALK ABOUT GODPARENTS IN IFA AND ORISA Black People Open Forum 2
river Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa Symbol for Male/Female Principles Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Fagunda African American History Culture : Odu and the Ifa Concept of History: The Historical Record African American History Culture 7
C Black Spirituality Religion : The Role Of The Egbe Priest in Ifa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
O African Traditional Religion : Qs Traditional Ifa. African Traditional Religion Study Group 2
A African Traditional Religion : Osun and the Origins of the Ifa Divination African Traditional Religion Study Group 0
imhotep06 Egypt : Our Lineage - Egypt, The Bible, Ifa and the African-American Egypt 10
A African Traditional Religion : Odu Ifa: the ethical teachings, by Maulana Karenga African Traditional Religion Study Group 43
A African Traditional Religion : Getting Started With Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 18
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Elehan: Priestly initiation in Ifa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A African Traditional Religion : Odu Ifa discussion African Traditional Religion Study Group 215
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : 16 cosmological tenets of the Odu Ifa Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
river Black Spirituality Religion : Where Can I Find the Ifa Corpus? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 14
T African Traditional Religion : The 16 Truths of Ifa African Traditional Religion Study Group 5
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa concept of prayer and sorcery Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa Creation Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Dafa: Ifa Divination Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 10
river Black Spirituality Religion : Sexism in Ifa? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
L Black Spirituality Religion : Odu Ifa: the ethical teachings, by Maulana Karenga Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Orunmila and the Ifa Corpus Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba Beliefs (spiritual tenets of Ifa) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 6
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Ara Ifa: Ijo Orunmila Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Codes and Conduct of Priest/Priestess and non-priest in the Oracle of Ifa community Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
A Black Spirituality Religion : IFA Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 25
AHMOSE Destee Network : the Ifa Foundation of North America Destee Network : 10
Blackbird Black Spirituality Religion : Sista Destee, Ifa Say.... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 13
K Black Spirituality Religion : Ifa/Yoruba Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Poeticsoulsista Black Spirituality Religion : IFA: To practice or not to practice Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 5
Liberty Black Entertainment : Esosa E., Tim Reid Board Nosa Igbinedion's Rio de Janeiro-Set 'Rise of the Orisha' Black Entertainment 0
candeesweet Black Spirituality Religion : Allowence to my orisha Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
S Black Spirituality Religion : The “Orisha” (part 1) Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
river Black Spirituality Religion : Yoruba: The Orisha of Fatherhood? Is there One? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
Ra Nehem Black Spirituality Religion : Abosom (Orisha, Vodou - Deities) Do Not Ask For Money Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
river Black Spirituality Religion : I am Looking for Information about the Orisha Named Oya Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
A African Traditional Religion : Santeria herbs and Orisha African Traditional Religion Study Group 4
Ankhur Black Spirituality Religion : Should folks say The ORISHA and NETERU never existed?? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
T African Traditional Religion : Orisha's ebos and days African Traditional Religion Study Group 19
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : The Seven chakras and their corresponding Orisha Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 8
P Black Spirituality Religion : Orisha Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 7
Sekhemu Black Spirituality Religion : Orisha: Angelic forces of Nature Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 2
D Black Spirituality Religion : Orisha's food and spiritual concerns - Brazilian Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1