Black Entertainment : TNT Gave CHARLES BARKLEY A SHOW TO TALK ABOUT RACE? SMH

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Liberty, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +3,224

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    i have been trying to ignore that news......

3. Al D

Al D We become that which we repeatedly do.. PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I"m for it and as for brother Charles, hey, at least he speaks his mind and I respect that.. Amid all the controversy that so-called black folks feel about what he says the brother is jumping right into the fire and not too many would subject themselves to that...I admire him for doing so...
    Folks may whine and complain but who the heck cares. As far as him distancing himself I have no issues with that because there are some black folks I distance myself from also and we aren't alone so don't try and run that BS down here...All of you know that we have some wretched, foul and vile folks among us and you definitely don't want to associate with them...And it ain't just limited to black folks...So let's just get off of that so-called high horse....

4. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Peace,

If you want to keep the illusion that America is heading in the right direction, hire a good negro to keep people distracted about a problem you wish to hide. This is a win for everyone except black people. TNT gets a win, white people get a win and Charles Barkley is getting paid.

Peace

5. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    yes, there are bad black folk. and yes, it is a lot safer to rail against them than to attack the system of white supremacy.

6. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    As for the questions of "why Charles", he is actually the main (if not most visible) one that has be vocal about racial issues when it comes to TNT sports. Everyone else seemed timid, until Charles became the norm of injecting his blunt opinions, similar to Stephen A Smith from ESPN.

Could be a way to tap into that type of market that Stephen has, and since Al Sharpton and many of the MSNBC prototypes for racial topics have been all but shelved, while BET has nothing (remembering Our Voices), it may be interesting to see what comes of it.

Kenny will more than likely be apart of this show considering the back and forth him and Charles have had in the past. Jalen Rose would be another interesting addition (Fab Five vs. Duke).

I remember Shaq hosting a show once... and naaaa, it didn't last long.
    If it turns out to be a satire series like DL Hughley's Break The News, it wont last long either

But D.L. would be another decent perspective, and since Megan is so interested about these discussions, invite her as well.

Malik too, not sure how Charles would be able to handle all of these personalities, but could be something akin to Crossfire from CNN (Ted Turner owns CNN and TNT) back in the day, or what RT now has in the Crosstalk series.

upload_2016-8-3_10-13-33.png

Would definitely be a mix of contrasts to see how these interact and resolve their concepts of personalities, prejudices and racial complexities.

7. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You got to clean up your own house first brother. This has become much too redundant... D--n...

8. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    no, you do not.

if you are waiting for black perfection before you challenge the system of white supremacy you will never do it.

9. Al D

United States
    Retired Business Owner
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +421

No my brother, it appears that this is what you are waiting for. I on the other hand acknowledge our flawed traits and destructive behavior as well as the realization that we are a group of individualists who have become the Black version of white Europeans... Unlike you my brother, I don't believe nor do I buy into this so-called white supremacy crap.. It goes against my will and every fiber of my being. It doesn't resonate with me nor will I for a second capitulate to that belief. Anyone (as far as I am concerned) that believes in so-called white supremacy believes themselves to be inferior.
    If a nation goes to war with another and one loses because of inferior weaponry, that does not mean that the nation that lost the war is inferior and the the nation that won it is superior. What it says is that the nation which won has superior weaponry...

So, with that said, yes the whites do have superior weaponry which means that we have some upgrading to perform if we are going to compete on the same level or if we are going to be their conquerors!!!

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
    which is exactly my position. the weapon is the system of white supremacy.