Black People : TN Senator's Aide Forwards Racist Email

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Jun 21, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I bet Thaddeus Matthews must be having a field-day with this one!

Racist e-mail aimed at Obama raises hackles in Tennessee

(CNN) -- The chairman of Tennessee's Democratic Party wants a Republican legislative aide fired for sending out a "reprehensible" e-mail depicting President Obama as two cartoonish white eyes peering from a black background.
    [​IMG]

Sherri Goforth, a Tennessee state senator's aide, said she mistakenly sent the image "to the wrong list of people."

Obama's image is in the last square of a collage containing portraits of the previous 43 U.S. presidents. The e-mail, which was sent to other GOP staff members, was posted on the Internet Monday.

Sherri Goforth, an administrative assistant to state Sen. Diane Black, R-Gallatin, has admitted she sent the e-mail May 28 with the title "Historical Keepsake Photo." She said, without elaborating, that she mistakenly sent it "to the wrong list of people."

According to the Tennessean, a Nashville newspaper, a note on the e-mail said it was paid for by the Tennessee Republican Party, but GOP officials denied they produced it. Black leads the Tennessee Senate Republican Caucus.

There was no comment from the White House as of Tuesday afternoon.

Black rebuked Goforth but didn't dismiss her.

"I want to be sure that everyone understands that the communication was sent without my knowledge," Black said Tuesday afternoon. "It absolutely does not represent the beliefs or opinions of my office. I want to be very clear about that."

The senator said as soon as she found out about the e-mail, she consulted the Legislature's human resources office, then followed their advice.

"Ms. Goforth did get a verbal reprimand as well as a very strongly worded reprimand, written, that was put in her file that if this should ever occur "again, that she would be terminated," Black said......

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/16/tennessee.email/index.html

2. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Wow

Racists still exist in high places and will continue to protect their own. It is crazy that she gets to call the president a spook and still keep her job. Amazing what we put up with!

3. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

For real! But, I'm not shocked. TN is the birthplace of the KKK. And the "Good Ol' Boy" network is still very much alive.

Dr. King was killed while in Memphis supporting the Sanitation Workers' Strike but 41 years later, those employees are still marching and meeting and fighting for better conditions.

And don't e'en get me started on the Ford family! smh

You can't get clean washin' in muddy water.

4. mazimtaim

mazimtaim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +50
    It will get much worse before it gets better. There is no way we have seen the end of racist jokes about the President or violence because of his "selection".

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

i find it hard to see that some are still surprised and not already knowing these things would take place....

I guess it is just that hard to let go of "the dream"........

but please let me know what happens when "the dream" let's go of you!

these "good o'le boys" bore me, i guess i'll just go back to sleep....