Black Entertainment : TLC's New Reality Show to replace Left-Eye

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Aisha, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Aisha

Aisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just in the BET website casting my votes and read the following:

Posted June 29, 2004 -- Since the 2002 death of Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, the pop group TLC has been struggling to regain the spotlight. That may change if a new FOX reality show surrounding the now two-member group gets off the ground.
    The proposed idea, which Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins and Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas have already agreed to, will see singers compete to become the third member of the group.

What are your thoughts on this?

Aisha

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,185
    left-eye Lopaz was hot but i think they can come back up
    it's a good idea.

3. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    idk it aint gonna be the same- i think its worth a try- but wat if they do worse - cuz when fanmail came out they were doin so great, but around the time she passed they was comin - and now that she's gone- the fans that are devoted will buy their albums- but u cant replace lisa- she was somin else( in a good way)

maybe they jus need money or somin- wit all tbox going threw wit gettin a divorce from her husband who be threatenin to kill her-

idk think its attn- cus they both been in the news lately wit they personal lives.....we'll jus have to c

i thot they retired tho?

4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Bad idea. :nono: I think they should make an album with just the two of them. Don't try to replace Left-Eye. I know for me, I hate when groups replace members like that's suppose to make it better. We all know Left-Eye is gone....don't replace her. These two are still very talented and they should make a record with just those two by themselves. I think fans would accept that more than a cheap substitute. Plus, doing it on a reality show makes it look like they're using her death as a gimic to make money......not cool. :puke2:

5. Aisha

Aisha Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I have mixed feelings about this because I really want to see the sisters come up again. I don't think groups fail when they replace a deceased group member. A lot of older groups have done this; for example The Temptations.
    :teach: The only reason I would oppose this is because the name of the group is TLC (T-Boz, Left-Eye, Chilli) and you really cannot change that even though you find someone with a name that starts with an "L". I have to agree with Kente I think they should do one good album with just T-Boz and Chilli. Mabey they can name them selves T-Chilli or C-Boz :lol: . They might want to get a new mwmber because it feels akward without Lisa, but they are not the only ones the fans feel her absence as well.

Aisha