Black Christians : Tithing.

I give whatever I feel moved to give whenever I feel moved to give it.

I don't go to church on a regular basis, I only go when I'm moved by the Spirit anyway and I visit different Christian churches, Jewish synagogues, Buddhist temples, Spiritual Centers, etc, from time to time ...So, I don't follow any tithing demands that supposedly God is upset about if you do not pay. :rolleyes: ..and your entire life will be cursed if you do not pay.

I give out of love, not fear.

Tithing is not a heaven or hell issue. It's simply a sign of being part of God's kingdom and a sign of Faith and trust. Too many ministers, unfortunately, use the command and principle to satisfy their greed. I have a wonderfully humble teaching pastor who is all about feeding the flock he is assigned with the word of God only. Others may not be so lucky. So i do understand your position. Honestly, if i didn't have a pastor like this, i would be hard pressed to find the will to give also.

Tithing is not a heaven or hell issue. It's simply a sign of being part of God's kingdom and a sign of Faith and trust. Too many ministers, unfortunately, use the command and principle to satisfy their greed. I have a wonderfully humble teaching pastor who is all about feeding the flock he is assigned with the word of God only. Others may not be so lucky. So i do understand your position. Honestly, if i didn't have a pastor like this, i would be hard pressed to find the will to give also.

I feel like that type of organized religion and doctrine is truly intended for some people to adhere to, I really believe that. For me, it has nothing to do with being a part of the Kingdom of God, at least not the 'kingdom' version of God that I see from many traditional Christians. I move according to how the Spirit leads me and that is not always the same way twice. A certain % just does not work for me, but I certainty believe God uses that in many ways and for different reasons with many people.

I've noticed that some people need a certain amount of religious/spiritual 'structure' and that God hands is surely in that as well as someone such as myself who does not feel necessarily called to that sort of environment because of a command or demand from God.

Being I do not believe in a eternal damnation or that I would be cursed for not giving God what I believe to be God's anyway, I don't have fear issues that I see a lot of people have when it comes to this sort of thing. May we all be lead by the Holy Spirit and not assume God lives only in the box we have put him in. He lives there, but he also lives in other boxes too as well as outside the box.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back