Black Christians : Tithing.

Out of curiosity....I am not judging, I just would like to know your opinion. Why do you give from net and not gross? That is a debate that I have been having with many friends and I would like to know your opinion.

Here's what i have learned. When Jesus was asked if they should pay taxes to Caesar, Jesus's answer was quite clear. The first thing he did was ask who's picture was on the money. When they answered that Caesar was on it, Jesus recognized and acknowledged that Caesar was the earthly authority on the money, which he wouldn't override because it was what his father allowed. So he was saying submit what you are supposed to under earthly law in order to exhibit your honoring of the godly concept of authority, and whatever increases are left for you, you tithe from that, because you are responsible for the increase you receive in hand. (Matthew 22:15-22). While it is not a pleasant command, it is a command. Each authority is responsible for what they do with what they collect. You cannot hinder the authority from collecting taxes, though you can control what they collect in certain circumstances. You can completely control your net income and that is what God holds us responsible for. Several of the stewardship parables reveal this.

Also, notice the order of his answer:
Give Caesar his due, then give God his due.

Here's what i have learned. When Jesus was asked if they should pay taxes to Caesar, Jesus's answer was quite clear. The first thing he did was ask who's picture was on the money. When they answered that Caesar was on it, Jesus recognized and acknowledged that Caesar was the earthly authority on the money, which he wouldn't override because it was what his father allowed. So he was saying submit what you are supposed to under earthly law in order to exhibit your honoring of the godly concept of authority, and whatever increases are left for you, you tithe from that, because you are responsible for the increase you receive in hand. (Matthew 22:15-22). While it is not a pleasant command, it is a command. Each authority is responsible for what they do with what they collect. You cannot hinder the authority from collecting taxes, though you can control what they collect in certain circumstances. You can completely control your net income and that is what God holds us responsible for. Several of the stewardship parables reveal this.

Also, notice the order of his answer:
Give Caesar his due, then give God his due.

I like what you have said and how you explained it. It makes a lot of sense. I do give God from my gross, but from this...I absolutely understand why you give from net. You are actually the first person who has been able to articulate why you give net...and it makes sense. I salute you sir! LOL! But seriously, I do salute you, and I totally get it now....thank you.

I give whatever I feel moved to give whenever I feel moved to give it.

I don't go to church on a regular basis, I only go when I'm moved by the Spirit anyway and I visit different Christian churches, Jewish synagogues, Buddhist temples, Spiritual Centers, etc, from time to time ...So, I don't follow any tithing demands that supposedly God is upset about if you do not pay. :rolleyes: ..and your entire life will be cursed if you do not pay.

I give out of love, not fear.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back