Black Spirituality Religion : Tithes and Offerings...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Enejoh, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Enejoh

Enejoh Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +130
    Did the bible say Black people have no rights to their land and wealth?
    We are not struggling because we do not know how to make, save, use and invest money but have no control and the rights to our resources.
    Stop beating around the tired bush

2. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    Wow people have still haven't woke up. What are you tithing? To make another man rich? TD Jakes and the gay pastor in Atlanta? I tell you what its better to obtain wisdom and knowledge. Whether Muslim(Sufism), ( Kemetic), Christian (Gnosticism) or Jew (Kabbaslism), Buddism (Yoga, Tantric) the aim is to bring the body, the mind, and the soul into One Harmonious Whole. The outer circle (church)is used to control and manipulate the masses, the inner (words in parentheses) is used to reconnect you spiritually with the source. That mean you have to wake up like I did. I was a Blind Christian for over 30 years. It's not easy to wake up cause you are scared with fear about the the devil and satan to stay asleep but guess what the boogeyman man ain't coming your are free to develop your spiritual side. You are Christ and Christ is you but you have to wake to see the full potential of you being Christ (conscientiousness). You have the energy embedded in you all you have to do is unleash the fear to see the real you. This is from a black man perspective and the real freedom is to be free of the religion stranglehold to get your true vision which is spiritually, having universal energies and infinite wisdom. From the heart, I ain't selling nothing.

Nebedjer

3. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    You have the Internet now you are free to expose the lies!!! I can help you just ask.

Nedbedjer

4. Enejoh

Ratings:
    +130
    Bro preacher man, its never my thoughts that i have no control or power over my resources, white supremacy is never my thoughts or inaction, the catholic church that own the major cooperations exploiting us and the anglican church too in control of almost all African countries is never my thought or inaction.
    The five thousand years of roman, arab, asian, greek christian and islamic brutality that wrecked religious havoc on our land is never my thoughts or inaction. This is not about me blaming the ****** bastards for invading, disorganising, exploiting, manipulating and dominating us. Are you saying it was our thoughts and inaction that brought these brutes into our land TO ENSLAVE US?
    Preacher dont tell me what you do not know please......Tell your white masters that their ****** time is up....jesus wont save them now and you too..truth has no priso walls to cage it.

5. Enejoh

Ratings:
    +130
    It angers you believers carrying on and promoting white hypocrisy in the name of christianity to be told what you are running away from, truth, but you never will take the time to ask yourselves why your own bros sis find life difficult under your brutal dishonest belief system.
    I do not need men who would knowingly and willingly disregard, reject and turn their back on their own genuine culture for that of the thieves whos sole interest is that of dominating, manipulating and exploiting people outsde of their culture for their own racist interest to teach me anything on integrity because it appears you too lack any sense of self worth following, believing and worshiping europeans in the name of religion.
    Teach your congregation the truth, teach them that we Afreecan have built our civilization before anyone called jesus, mohammed was ever invented or born.
    Teach them that christianity or the purely rhetorical precepts of behaviour propagandized as "christian virtues" to quote our Warrior Queen Marimba Ani "are actually the models of behavior natural to other cultures and older traditions than that of the european. And europeans naturally display behavior patterns that are in direct contradiction to what they have labelled as "christian virtues";i.e., virtues that are actually African/noneuropean values and standards of behavior, which their own culture does not generate, support, motivate, nor sanction".
    The introduction to this great work alone packs more punch and truth than the bible in its present state.
    I dont care about what another used and dumped elder has to say to cover his shame, go watch "Apartheid is not dead" by John Pligier and see for yourself. Remember Desmond Tutu wrote a book titled God is not a Chrisian but he is a clergyman like you coming out of the shadows as all will eventually see the light and stop promoting white hatred for Black Africans in the name of God.
    I got things to do more than write here but its part of my life too to join my very own in the search for the solution for white domination crippling us mentally, spiritually, economically and in all areas of human life.
    I have nothing to gain from bashing you or any one else, i only intend to make you see, feel and know what it means to be controlled, dominated and denied the freedom of expression. A caged bird always sings songs of freedom.
    Teach truth and stop carryng forward another mans cultural imperialistic propaganda.
    agenda

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Enejoh and Shems Nbedjer ... you are both in violation of our study group forums.

I have moved the above posts to this new thread, from the original thread in the Christian Study Group Forum.

Neither of you have a right to be in that forum challenging those beliefs. It's not what that area is for.

You can't challenge Christianity or any of the paths found in the Study Group Areas, in their own forums.

You both are relatively new, and i'd hate to see you lose complete access to the entire Study Group Area, but that is what's going to happen if you continue as you are.

I see a few more posts that need moving from there, and i'll do that, but please know ... i don't appreciate the extra work.

If you have any questions let me know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. NyneElementz

NyneElementz Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +356
    Now that we have the discussione moved...

Enejoh and Shems, if you really want to know what I believe tithes and offerings are for and whether or not those beliefs are really about the things you accuse, I will be happy to share. Let's deal with the challenge first, shall we?

No, I do not believe that any man or woman who claims to be a religious leader of any kind should be using religious teachings around the support of its institutions should be scamming the people who are sincerely following them. Nor do I engage in being scammed. And most certainly, I do not participate in any activity that puts our people in bondage by giving tithes and offerings in my church. Feel free to disagree as I am sure you will, but none of your words will change that fact.

Second, the acts of tithing and offering were not set up by white supremists. They were commands issued by God. In the bible, this honorable practice kept those who kept spiritual watch over their people supported. In other circles, they are akin to donations.

The duty is always on the believer to be aware as well as obedient. I take pride in supporting my church because my pastor is not a greedy man and tries his best to help every member of our church become successful, where we control our resources, our destinies, land if we wish, etc., using principles well defined in the bible.

And I recognize that this is not the experience of every christian. In that, I grieve, because we are supposed to be helpers one to another. But brothers, I fail to see how your assumptions and insults propel us as a people towards a solution to the very problems you claim tithing and offerings cause.

And both God and Jesus condemned the misuse of the principles and of the things given as a result of those commands.

8. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Excellent break-down found here: http://destee.com/index.php?threads/can-you-get-to-heaven-without-tithing.7739/

9. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    http://destee.com/index.php?threads/can-you-get-to-heaven-without-tithing.7739/

10. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    One of the minister's at my church explained their own past personal battle with tithing:

Tithing is a part of FAITH.

In our society, money can get you what you want. With enough money, you can have whatever you wish.

The Bible teaches that "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil."

And God knows that if Believers love HIM more than we love money, then He knows that we truly believe IN and ON Him to provide for and sustain us.

Psalm 37:
    [25] I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Matt. 6:
    [31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
    [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
    [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.