Black Entertainment : Tired of the same old videos? Sign these..

Miss P

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 4, 2002
Hey everyone. I enjoy hip-hop/R&B as much as anyone, but don't you get tired of seeing the same old videos all the time. And where are the videos for Jill Scott and other soul artists?

Lets let Viacom know that we're tired of seeing Bow Wow and Ja Rule every hour on the hour. We want some soul, some real music!

There are two petitions, one to Viacom (owner of BET, MTV and VH1) and then one to BET specifically - cause as "the home of black music" they should do this without someone sending them a petition. But since they haven't...

There are two ways to get to the petitions:

The first via my R&B page, under bulletins:

www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/6848

The second, directly via these links:

www.petitiononline.com/PCH1/petition.html

www.petitiononline.com/PCH2/petition.html

I think we can make this happen. Sign it, send the links to other message boards and music lovers. If they still don't give us what we want - at least we tried!

I've set it to collect signatures throughout the entire summer.

Thanks and keep your fingers crossed.

ohhh, i like this!

direct links to petitions. I'll pass it along!

i learned about a letter that the black greeks sent to BET, after a fruitless meeting with them. we sent a letter as members of another black discussion board to voice our complaints.

yes, let's make some noise! make a louder noise than the mess i hear on the radio and on videos.

i haven't check out the links yet, but I HOPE THEIR IS A PETITION FOR CATHY HUGHES AS WELL. She the owner of a large group of "urban" radio station.

(((note to Thandi, send that letter to your local RadiOne station and local community black newspapers and locals.)))

in the words of Public Enemy

"fight the power..."

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back