Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Tiny little knots are working my last nerve!

Discussion in 'Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion' started by rapunzal24, Jun 20, 2011.

1. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    So, I keep getting these tiny itty bitty knots at the end of my hair, and it is driving me crazy! At first I figured that it was just something that you deal with when you have natural hair, but now it is just down right aggravating. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on keeping this from happening? It is starting to cause me to cut the tips off to keep from breaking it off. I don't have to cut alot out, it is really just a small portion, but I don't like it at alll!!!

2. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    How do you wear your hair?
    I would think either way that's the way our natural hair sheds into knots and not into straight threads!
    Just trying to keep the air flowing, that's all. Don't get too upset at the heir naturally it's in control:)
    If you twist it with a comb the ends are naturally pulled to the end and yanked(4 lack of a better term)free. Some may come with it. But compare the new growth with the little yanked on.
    Sometimes when we use get or product it goes to the ends and it going to come on out through a little knot!
    Just look at it as a way to keep up with always freshness!
    I'm sure your hair is a beauty:)

3. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I usually do a wash and go during the work week, and on the weekends I do big twist and take them out in the morning, and let the shower puff it up into an afro. I cowash at least once every 2 weeks, sometimes once a week.

4. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Probably just product not come out yet! Jus left over after the twist! Wash what color gel etc that they use. If it's darker then your heir well it looks more noticable. The picks can only comb out so much after the wash, ya know what I mean. Comb it with conditioner in it and while washing run your fingers through the 4 sections eagerly! Hope everything works out for u.
    Don't hate your crown girl that's your performance! Be a good love on stage!
    Also try smaller twist cause every twist as 2 portions of products on them, smaller less product.;)

5. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I do my own twist at home, and I NEVER use gel. I do comb my hair out with the conditioner in because that is the only way I can detangle it. I loooove my hair natural, I don't know how I dealt with that relaxer for all of those years, but these little knots.....thanks for your help though.

6. candeesweet

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    I wish I could stop using gel! I thnk this is a natural occurance. up,down/ a realeasing sorta thang!
    Much enjoyed speakin with you:)

7. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    I still believe that I'm in the experiment phase even though it's been years since Igot rid of the relaxer. So, I don't have a solid answer, but can say alittle what I do.

I stop using the comb.

I use a leave in conditioner to detangle my hair and also detangle my hair when it is wet.

When I get to my ends, I use a very little bit of cream/grease with lanolin on the tip of my fingers and it detangles very well.

I don't think you really need to cut your ends, just keep them wet and moist when you try to detangle them, maybe.

I love my hair when I pull it and it springs and my ends are very healthy and I think, maybe it's because I just stop using that comb and use my fingers instead. Now, I still have alot of combs in my house, but so far, I haven't felt the need to use them at all.

hope this helps alittle,

8. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    The thing is I feel the little knots when my hair is dry, because I always got my hands in my hair now, LOL! I just love the way it feels....until I get to the tip and feel this tiny tiny knot. I will try the finger detangling with my leave in conditioner, thanks for the advice. :)

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    speaking from the vantage point of having locs for the last 11 years i'm here to tell u...
    u will get all the bb shots and cocoknots u can handle when u twist ur hair...lol...no matter how fine ur hair is...
    goes with the territory...is there a reason u twist ur hair and then take it out?

one love
    khasm

10. rapunzal24

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I twist my hair and take it out because I love the texture and thickness of my hair, so when it comes out of the twists it holds this beautiful pattern...and I love it!!! I usually take the twists out when they have been in for a minute and I feel like it may begin to loc up.