Black People : Time Travel in African Traditional Religions

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by river, Oct 3, 2011.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I loved reading Nalo Hopkinson and the writers in Dark Matter Reading the Bones. I also like many sci-fi stories. I am interested in the movement that combines science fiction with spiritual or paranormal events. So I am wondering since time travel is a part of many of the sci-fi books I'm reading, is it possible, as a writer, to combine time travel with African spirituality in the same book or or do they have nothing to do with each other?

2. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

I would dare say they are one in the same sister river. What we refer to as 'the mind' is non physical and the body of course is physical, something we can see and touch. So with that said, the mind is ever traveling to relay and convey messages from the past to the body and if the body understands those messages from the mind and is able to digest them, then as in mathematics they are said to be congruent. Then one would aslo be capable of decoding the future, or future events.

So yes, imho, it is possible to combine time travel with afrikan spirituality.

peace

"the mind created the body, body thinks the mind is crazy"

3. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    Interesting that u are thinking of this....

The method u are stating is the exact method i use when attempting to confirm the information on the matters re ligion to me is a duplication of the sciencetific method. The hyms that are written in the book of the living or coming fourth by day. Are giving thanks to the physcial manifestations of existence that come before the atom. Nun nunet kek keket ra shu tefnut etc are what the western world call science our ancestors considered them family members . Understanding this premise is very hard for most whom are waxed well in western thought. The original holy or holistic scripture was written to these family members. All or most science fiction has become non fiction. hetep

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Thanx bros,

Book #2 is on its way. I got some ideas. I just have to put them together, which you know I will do.

Never let the grass grow under your feet.