Black Spirituality Religion : Time for self examination

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Radical Faith, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    Brothers and Sisters

I have just returned from burying my father this past week. My father passed away on December 17th and was buried on December 22nd. My father struggled for the last 25yrs with substances addiction and he was finally set free by God all mighty. Drugs and Alcohol cost my father his career, his marriage and ultimately his life. I share this with you because as I examine myself there are things that I need to do to help assure the longest life possible. I don't drink or smoke or do drugs but I don't eat right and I am overweight. God want's us to take care of the temple that houses our soul and spirit so that we may accomplish our purpose. As many of you know I am a Christian but no matter what anyone believes we all must agree that we must do whatever we can to take care of ourselves. Taking care of ourselves doesn't stop at our at bodies only. We must be mindful of our spirit more so than our flesh. So going forward let us minimize our bickering about religion and schools of thought and find ways to lift eachother up instead of tearing eachother down. My father's life and death represent the duality that all of us face. The things that made him alive was the expressed love of his family, his good nature and sense of humor and his competitive drive to strive for perfection. This was the best of my father the worst was alcohol and drug addiction and the things that go along with that. So what is the best of who we are and what is the worst? Can we work on having more better qualities than worst? God bless you all.

Peace

Radical Faith

2. MizLindaLinda

MizLindaLinda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Radical Faith,
    So sorry to learn about your Father's passing.
    What a wonderful feeling it is to know that one day soon, when Christ calls us to "Come up Hither", we will be reunited with those who have gone before us.
    My prayer for you today, is that you find peace and comfort in our Wonderful Savior King Yashua.
    In Christ,
    MizLindaLinda

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    Certainly. We don't need to be cutting our life short than what it already is; this, knowing we don't know how long our lives are anyway. Christians should always keep in mind that our bodies are temples which need great care because if we want the Father's Spirit to dwell within, it needs to be worthy and holy for His Spirit to do so. If anything less than that, we are insulting our KING to ask His Way to be with us and upon us.

The Son, when He came as a sacrifice for our sins, to be hung up on the tree, and resurrected the 3rd day that we'd all be salvaged by faith and believing, His Body was One worthy of the Most High's dwelling. So doing as He had done, in all faith, we can make ourselves worthy of the same as He wants for us. we all have a purpose, and Christians, having the Light of Knowledge upon them, know part of their purpose is to help bring others to light. Do so in health the Father has blessed you with for keeping His Temple, your body, up and working, being an example for why Living life by His Way is the only Way to Live. Blessings!

4. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Keep the faith and I will pray for you!

5. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    You forgot something didn't you? :) Hint: its what people with couth, class, and culture say to make one who has lost a loved one, feel better! ;) I'll bet you don't have a clue!!! :mad: