Black Poetry : Time for Change

HODEE

Alonewolf
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jul 2, 2003
If everyone of the age of twenty plus five is looked at as a generation. This year alone we are reaching our sixth generation since the emancipation of 1865. That means six degrees of separation. What progress have we made? From the courts to the congress to the streets and the clubs. We have made some contributions that should help us move above. The current level of progress, and the lack of economic clout. We must keep the push and constant force of change to pull us out.

Rare elevation. Jerk the Golden Fleece. Seed of change. Snatch the rug from under their feet. Make all races equal, all caste aside, unless you have more than two eyes. See you’re no different from me or mine. My ancestors paid the price. I should demand to get a free ride but that is not in our sight. The accusation you make of this is something you don’t want me to claim. Reverse the scrip, read my lips, and change the song you sing. Enough Freudian abuse of mind, you play against those of mine.

The caste is present and has never changed; in this our lot is cast. Push at the edge; tear up the fact that we haven’t done enough yet. Don’t be embarrassed we haven’t made it yet, the struggle must never stop. We have never taken anything we didn’t deserve, tired of waiting for what we get, and have never gotten what we have by gratis. So let them focus on that fact and care less why it matters. Fear of change, change of fear is not an option now. Being outcast means we haven’t gained the status we deserve up to now.

Sent away. Exiled told your kind are not wanted. Land of the free, you still can’t see were requesting equality. Not resentment. Just understanding that the times must change. Progress is moving slow. You think it is some character of ours to wait. For another hundred years? Faster now. We can keep up, it is a great feeling and we can adapt. Six degrees of slaves of former slaves want freedom demanding it now. No more unreasonable waiting you stalled the cause. It’s a principle right we want.

The laws are on the books.

No need to take a look. Take my word I know it is.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back