Black Sports : Tiger Woods & the Williams Sisters

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
When are Tiger Woods & the Williams Sisters going to start winning again? Has their rapid rise to wealth & celebrity made them forget their craft (how they became famous in the 1st place)? It seems like since all three have got their long term Nike contracts, and become involved in their chosen relationships (I'm going to be good)! ;) They have subsequently stopped caring about winning. What's going on with them?

Pan
I watch them when play when I can. Never the whole games. I have watched more Tennis and Golf since they came into the games.

I think Tiger backed off for a while so he could turn down some of the hate that was coming his way. He was popular, but not with the other players. I think he wanted to chage that a bit. He did get injured too. The other players hated to see him competing. He was winning so much I think he backed off, but is now having a hard time coming back. He also married that Swedish lady... He was in the top leaders last I saw of his game. He played last week I believe it was. I don't know if he won.

The Williams sisters right now are greiving their sister. I heard recent news where the killer and his accomplice may be getting off with the murder. Venus was cheated in France wasn't she. I get the sisters names mixed. Is Venus the older one? Or is Serena? The older sister was cheated. They both are also working a clothing line they started. I could be wrong too. Maybe they are doing as you suggested. Leaning back on the Nike contracts and taking a breather.

Neon:

Allow me to introduce myself,

I am Cedric denson, one of the youunger brothas on here, and I just want to take this time to welcome you into the Destee Family!

While you are here, get to know the fam, because just about all of us are different, and are very interesting to talk to. Then we have Destee herself, who is pleasant and if you need her or any of us, you have us.

Just letting you know that you are family as of the minute you got your password, and you are welcome to express yourself on here in any way.

Your post on Black athletes was decent, and I commend you for that. I also look forward to reading more of your future posts and threads. So on behalf of the Forum, Welcome the Destee!

Peace

Cedric Denson

welcome to destee's sports world talk happy u join in upon us .
:hearthis:

i think tiger woods in his last outting and was 1 stroke ahead are returning
to his great play and seem after his marriage he can focus on the game
look for this guy to peek and shine again , he took a more back seat to tone down the drama he was getting and many golfers kinda dislike the man but he's a winner

Now my sistas , the williams are really off beat i don't feel the fame has taken
them down but to a different level of life i watch williams who had abdominal
pain and her serve was slow and not effective she couldn't move which she lost
the match to the young 17 yr old and move her up on the ranks to 4th i think
once they get all the things that happen to them behind them you will see a
quick return as champs look for them to recover between now and the next
to matchies they play in .....I don't think the fame and shoe deal has hurt the
play of any of them . :tennis: :golf:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back