Black Short Stories : Thug Luv pt3

Love Child

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 4, 2004
Bean Town
Occupation
Student
Honey jumped up and opened her eye’s. She was drenched in sweat and was breathing heavy. She looked at her alarm clock it read 4:45 a.m. She snatched up the phone. “Hello” she snapped “Kayla baby sorry to wake you up but can you go in my room and check and see if I left my wallet in my brown purse.” Honey sighed, put nana on hold then went to go check.
“Yep it’s there” “Oh good okay I thought I had lost it.” “Alright baby go back to bed and make sure you wake the girls up on time for school.” said nana. “Okay I will bye.” After hanging up Honey cracked open her window and got back in bed. It was just a dream she told herself before drifting back to sleep.
Previously that night Dae drove to Philly trying to be as cautious as he could. It wasn’t smart to be chirping on the interstate with kilo’s of yayo stashed in the whip. They reached Philly around 4 a.m. which was good time considering they had made two stops between. Dae got out the whip to stretch. He was tired unlike Ant who had gotten to sleep most of the drive. They walked up to the p.j.’s to meet their connect make the exchange and get back to bean town.
Dae knocked on the door twice, paused then knocked it again. It was a code to let their connect know it was him. “Who is it!” yelled a man’s voice on the other side of the door.“It’s D” click, click, click they heard the locks being turned from the other side then the door flung open.
“What up come in.” said the big looking dude holding up his glock. He peeped around outside then shut back the door and locked it. He led Dae and Ant into his living room.
The dude sparked a blizz, took a hit and passed it to Dae. Dae hit the blizz, but something didn’t feel right. Since he left Boston Dae had a funny feeling in the pit of his stomach. He quickly pushed the feeling aside reminding himself it was a drop like any other he had made before. He passed Ant the blizz while the dude told them that they were going to follow him and his man to a spot where they would make the exchange, same routine as usual.
So Dae and Ant hopped back in the whip and followed dude and his boy to the spot. They pulled up in front of an abandoned building and waited for the signal. Dude gave them the signal and they got out to retrieve the dope. They lifted off the bumper and Ant pulled out all 5 key’s.
They where walking towards dude’s whip to make the exchange when all of a sudden they heard someone yell. “What up *****!” All four of them turned around and saw five ****** hop out a black hummer strapped. “Oh s*** it’s a vic” yelled Ant. Before Dae could reach for his nine one of the dudes ran up on him and pistol whipped him. He fell to the ground unconscious.
Dae woke up p-noided “Whoa, whoa, chill, chill” said the dude from earlier. “What the.... what the ****, where the #*** am I?” said Dae looking around feeling for his nine it was still on him. He rubbed the bruise where he got clocked at.
“What the *### happened, where’s Ant?” Dae jumped up from where he was laying on dudes couch. “Yo son, some ****** got word about the drop and @****** vicked us yo” “Sorry dog but they plugged your man.” The last words rang like a bell in Dae’s head.
He started feeling sick and he was about to pull out his burner not sure of what was going on. He made quick observations of his surroundings. Both of the dudes were holding ice wrapped face clothes over their bruises. Dae thought okay this could of been a set up, but these ****** got hit too so it must of been some outside cats. But still Dae wasn’t gonna let his guard down until he knew all the facts.
He had to sit back down cause he started feeling dizzy. “A’ight now explain to me what the *@#* happened.” “Yo son these ****** came out of no where pistol whipped the **** out of you and my man’s here.” Then your homeboy pulled out the toast but they clapped him and took the yayo” “I didn’t know what the h*** to do they had their toast to my head snatched the loot from our whip clocked me then dipped.” Dae couldn’t believe the what he was hearing.
He kept running the last incident he saw before he blacked out in his head. He remember dudes hopping out and Ant yelling it was vic, but **** why they have to slug him and no one else. “I just talked to Rik and told him the deal he said for you to drive back to B-town and then y’all would discuss whatever.”
“****!” said Dae it wasn’t bad enough the #****# got away with 5 kilo’s and $90,000 in cash, out of which $18 was his, they just had to kill Ant. “***#” he said looking at his hand they also took his new ring, his chain, and his Rolex.
“Yeah they got my rollie too” “Don’t worry them ****** gonna catch it for real I’m a have my man’s over in Harrisburg keep his eye’s open for anybody coming through with some weight I think that’s where them cats was from.” said the other dude.
“Well what up then, let’s go look for them right now.” said Dae amped up and ready. “Naw see a we can’t just roll up on their block all like that, unless you wanna get shipped back to the Bean in a body bag.”
Dae sighed there was something that just wasn’t right about the whole trip the minute he left the garage. Now he had to go back with no loot, no dope, and had to explain to Rik why Ant was dead.
Around seven Dae got in his whip and headed back home. He reached the Pan around 4 p.m. that Monday. He headed straight to Rik’s crib and filled him in on the details. Rik seemed heated about everything but told Dae not to worry about it and gave him some dough to compensate the lost of his personal belongings.
But it wasn’t enough to compensate the lost of his best friend. Dae left Rik’s and dropped off the rental and picked up his whip. Dae was exhausted from the long drive to and from Philly, but couldn’t go home to sleep.
He drove to Honey’s crib and rang the bell. Nikki answered the door. “What up Daeshawn” she said popping gum. “What up Nikki is Kayla here?” he asked looking and feeling physically drained. “Yeah but she’s sleeping, she’s always sleeping, Drew said she’s probably pregnant.” Dae was getting more tired from Nikki rambling on and on.
“Is that so, well can you wake her up and tell her I’m here.” “Okay you can wait in the living room if you want.” said Nikki holding the door open. “Naw I’m straight I don’t won’t your grandmother to see me in there and pop a cap in my @**.” joked Dae. Nikki went inside to go wake Honey up.
Dae sat and waited on the steps. Honey came out with nothing but a tee shirt, well she did have on some shorts but they were mad short. She sat next to Dae and rested her head on his shoulder. She inhaled his scent happy he was back.
“Umm baby I missed you so much” “I had a scary @** nightmare last night” “I dreamed Haseem shot you and we as at the park and I couldn’t talk...” She stopped and looked over at Dae. He was quiet while starring straight ahead looking zoned out.
“What’s wrong baby” Honey took a good look and saw the bruise on the side of his head, she touched it. “What happened baby, what happened to your face.” “Nothing I’m a’ight” said Dae pushing away her hand and standing up. All his emotions started building up ready to explode. He dashed down the steps and started pacing back and forth. Honey didn’t know what to do. He started mumbling.
“Mutha *****done ****** with the wrong *****, **** them phony @*** ******,” “I swear to god don’t let me catch them herbs around here.” Dae balled up his fists trying to hold all the tears that came flooding down. He didn’t want to break in front of his girl but he couldn’t hold it in. Honey walked over to him.
“Dae what’s wrong, what happened?” “Nothing, I have to go, I gotta bounce I can’t stay here.” He wiped his face with his sleeve and walked over to the driver side. “Wait let me come with you” pleaded Honey she was afraid Dae was going to go do something stupid. “Naw stay here go inside now, now!” he snapped at her. She walked up the steps while looking back.
Dae peeled off once honey opened the door. She grilled at some bystanders who had been watching. She wanted to yell out mind your business, but instead she ran inside and went to go throw up. She urled so much that it emptied her stomach and at one point she was gagging but nothing came up.
Honey sat on the base of the tube trying to regain her strength. She started crying, she was afraid of what Dae might be doing, and she was afraid of what was wrong with her. At first she just thought she was having a hang over, but now she feared something else was wrong.
Dae drove around thinking about Ant and everything they’d been through. Ant was there from the get, he was his right hand man. They had done and seen a lot of $*** on the streets of Boston.
At first him and Ant couldn’t stand each other back when they were in the third grade. But after fighting over a pretty puerto rican chick in their class Dae and Ant were sent to the principal’s office.
While waiting to see the principal Dae and Ant had sparked up a conversation and from that day on become cool. Over the years complications had tested their friendship. Like money or females, but they always worked it through and Dae would of died for his right hand man.
If it wasn’t for Ant, Dae never would have gotten in the game. Ant was the one who had schooled him and put him on. Ant taught Dae the rules to survive the game. But unknown to Dae, Ant had been doing exactly what he told Dae never to do. Ant got caught up with some chic that twisted his noodle all up. Ant started sniffing cocain and dipping out money, and Rik had to have him taken care of.
Dae started thinking about Ant’s grandmother and how when she found out Ant was dead her heart would be broken. Dae sped down Blue Hill Ave in a rage. He wanted to **** somebody up, he wanted to release all the tension inside of him.
He was doing 70 mph dipping and swerving through traffic until he heard “whoop whoop”. He looked in his rear view mirror and saw blue and red flashing lights. He debated on whether he should accelerate or stop.

“**** it I ain’t got no dirt on me.” He pulled over in front of the Check’s Cashier’s right across from Franklin Park Zoo.
Jakes got out and one walked over to Dae’s side, the other to the passenger side. Dae rolled down his window. “License and registration” asked the fat bastard. “Going fast there huh where are you headed?”
“I’m on my home” said Dae as he handed him his license and registration. “Is this your car son?” “Yes” He took his license and registration back to the patrol car, while the other cop shined his flash light through Dae’s car.
Dae just realized that he still had his heat on him. He never got the chance to go to the crib and stash it. He started getting nervous and the cop didn’t take his eye’s off him. He looked in the rear view and saw the other cop walking back towards him.
“Step out of the vehicle.” **** I’m done thought Dae while getting out. The cop told him to turn around and lean against the car with his hands up, while the other one started searching his whip. He patted Dae done and found nothing.
“Whoa ho ho, look we got here” said the one who was searching his whip while holding up Dae’s 9mm that he found under the seat. “I don’t believe you have a license for that now do you.” joked the pig. He handcuffed Dae read him his rights, brought him to the patrol car, and pushed him in.
Dae watched them search his trunk and every other nook and cranny of his whip. They were probably hoping to find something else to pin on him. He sat back and closed his eye’s thinking great all I need now is a burner charge.

Thanks for all the support but this is the last part I have to save the rest for my novel. lol

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back