Black People : THROW BOOKS INSTEAD OF BULLETS: MOVEMENT

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Metaverse, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Metaverse

Metaverse Well-Known Member MEMBER

Media Designer
    Ratings:
    +424
    Greetings Destee Family!

I know personally I owe my life to the wealth of information that has crossed my path, from people who care about me, those like so many of you on Destee that share very crucial knowledge that help us to think, grow and evolve, and as well the books I've read.

Because of knowledge, we are able to deflect ourselves away from certain paths in life. Now consider the negative paths many Men and Women in our communities take. If knowledge saved many of us, couldn't knowledge save many of them?

Black on Black crime is murdering our community. From Drugs, Dealers, Pastors, Pimps...it's all about the lack of knowledge and those who capitalize on our ignorance because of it.

Perhaps we need to start throwing books instead of bullets.

Can we come up with a working list of books that can help to rehabilitate some of the negative forces in our community?

I would start by throwing African Holistic Health:

[​IMG]

Hitting all unhealthy eaters in the backs on their head. Its time for us to wake up and see how our physical health relates to our emotional, mental and spiritual health as well.

Of course, I have something for our Pastors too.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read" - Tim Leedom

This book should be used to Pastor-slap every wayward Christian Chief in the Black community, and if they can deal with the facts in this book then they can open up their minds for true Liberation for African people.

Our Liberation begins with Rehabilitation.

And for all so-called Thugs and Gangstas-

[​IMG]
    The Art of War. And no, not the movie with Wesley Snipes- the book. Read the book. Perhaps then we will understand that real Warriors aren't captured, real Warriors aren't going to jail every month. Real Warriors are masters of strategy.

I would also throw "The Science of Melanin" by T. Owens Moore at those of us who for whatever reason still frown at dark skin people, those who speak about Africa but are disgraced by Africa's beautiful and the rich cosmetic heritage of the melaninated masters.

[​IMG]
    All shades of Africa are beautiful, but all colors grow out of the darkest soil.

[​IMG]

When we see the beauty in ourselves, we won't have to act the fool to be noticed and appreciated.

What books should we throw at Flav?
    (Can he read?)

2. Goddess Auset333

Goddess Auset333 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +23
    www.WhoaWowWhew.Metasaience

MS: All shades of Africa are beautiful, but all colors grow out of the darkest soil.

When we see the beauty in ourselves, we won't have to act the fool to be noticed and appreciated.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

[​IMG]
    Lies About God by Osiris Akkebala
    See all pages with references to "religious lies".
    Excerpt - on Page 28: " ... As a matter of fact, many of you are so deeply indoctrinated into the religious lies of the world, it would not make any difference if the truth ... "

PULLING NO PUNCHES-THE RELIGIOUS FACTOR-Keita Kenyatta

MS: What books should we throw at Flav?
    (Can he read?)

All books about Sexually Transmitted diseases.
    Herpes
    Oral herpes can be spread through kissing. The virus can be transmitted from oral to genital regions ...

:qqb023: :SuN040: :SuN030:

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I would partition the 'Spiritual' books of knowledge to throw at folk. I would not just throw The Book Your Church Doesn't Want You To Read at them alone; along with that, I would throw Holy Lockdown: Does the Church Limit Progress? at them as well. That is one book that under no circumstances can be falsified, dis-credited, mis-understood; it is straight-forward and very self-explanatory. Brotha Jeremiah Camara (who, by the way, is still quite young for his age) did a powerful job on that book!

I guarantee you that it will more likely than not change the way our folk perceive the church, especially for a Brotha in Atlanta!

MK

4. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
  5. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    The Gospel of Hiphop

:)