THREATS OF BANNING...

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
Will someone make it plain to me where I attacked Indya - again??? I posted a thread, never mentioned her name in the thread, never compelled her to post there, but when she did, I challenged her as I did KingPin and Oceolo...but that is perceived as an ATTACK?????

Listen, if that is the case, there will be no need for banning... I will simply tip on off into the sunset with no hard feelings... If one cannot express themselves, and challenge others to bring their best, then what is the purpose anyway? I am disturbing no one but that individual who wants to be coddled and treated with kid gloves, and never have her views challenged... I am not disrupting the forum in anyway, but I am being threatened with bannings and suspensions... Is there some desire to have me leave??? That can be arranged without silly threats... Just say you want me to leave, and I'm out...

Peace!
Isaiah

I'm trying to keep you here........

Isaiah said:
Sisterwoman, you were DONE with this topic before I typed the words on the page... You aint got game enough to convince me that you are anything more than a spokesperson for an empty cause... You personify the vacuous rhetoric of both Black and White Republican Conservatives...

Peace!
Isaiah

i would like to separate you and Indya.
i felt you were attacking her again and I'm trying to stop it before it reaches a level of fighting that will cause trouble.

i don't much care for her views myself.

i would rather you just go about your good work and not get into it with her.

why are you so pugnacious?

Isaiah said:
Will someone make it plain to me where I attacked Indya - again??? I posted a thread, never mentioned her name in the thread, never compelled her to post there, but when she did, I challenged her as I did KingPin and Oceolo...but that is perceived as an ATTACK?????

Listen, if that is the case, there will be no need for banning... I will simply tip on off into the sunset with no hard feelings... If one cannot express themselves, and challenge others to bring their best, then what is the purpose anyway? I am disturbing no one but that individual who wants to be coddled and treated with kid gloves, and never have her views challenged... I am not disrupting the forum in anyway, but I am being threatened with bannings and suspensions... Is there some desire to have me leave??? That can be arranged without silly threats... Just say you want me to leave, and I'm out...

Peace!
Isaiah

I don't see where you attacked Indya again? Where was that accusation made?

jamesfrmphilly
FORUM MODERATOR Join Date: Jun 2004

of topic but on topic.......dear Isaiah

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"do you think you can stop attacking Indya and defying Destee so that we can keep the flow of information coming?
you have to decide which is more important in the long run, to get off some cheap shots attacking somebody or to continue making a contribution so that unschooled young people can learn?

i don't even like Indya but she has broken NO rules and so she can stay.
do you want to be banned while she is still here? who will refute her statements then?

i had to intercede to keep you from being banned last week.
i can't do that but so many times.

if you're so smart why can't you control yourself?
think about it."

jamesfrmphilly
FORUM MODERATOR Join Date: Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmashines
"though these most recent situations have been temporary bans

they will not be temporary the next time, i think.
i do not want to lose a valuable resource over some silliness."

Does this mean that the next time will be the last time I post here??? There does not have to be a next time for it to be the last time I post here... I can save folks the formality... I have to walk on eggshells, while some others say whatever they want to because they complain to Destee... Whew, now why didn't I think of that first?(smile!)

Bottom line is, I don't take well to being threatened... I was asked to apologize, and I did... Let's not go crazy thinking I aint got a life outside of this forum(smile!) If I must go, I'll bounce, no sweat...

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Does this mean that the next time will be the last time I post here??? There does not have to be a next time for it to be the last time I post here... I can save folks the formality... I have to walk on eggshells, while some others say whatever they want to because they complain to Destee... Whew, now why didn't I think of that first?(smile!)

Bottom line is, I don't take well to being threatened... I was asked to apologize, and I did... Let's not go crazy thinking I aint got a life outside of this forum(smile!) If I must go, I'll bounce, no sweat...

Brother Isaiah, I don't know if those messages were a private email or on the forum (if they were on the forum, I can not find it). I've previously stated about personal attacks that a clear distinction must be made when someone's views are disagreed with, and when their person is being attacked. For instance if someone calls a person's opinion on a particular issue "ignorant" or "misinformed" that doesn't mean that are calling that person ignorant. There is a very clear difference between a personal attack, and an attack on a particular issue. This difference is what we need to determine before warnings are giving & actions are taken. Many are not able to make this distinction, but that is exactly what must be done when making a charge that someone has been personally attacked! With that in mind, in my opinion what you expressed:

Sisterwoman, you were DONE with this topic before I typed the words on the page... You aint got game enough to convince me that you are anything more than a spokesperson for an empty cause... You personify the vacuous rhetoric of both Black and White Republican Conservatives...

is "not" a personal attack. You created a thread, which Indya chose to participate in. You did not attack her in this instance, you attacked her views. More importantly, Indya herself did not complain about being attacked. One thing which you implied here, that I feel is very important to address, is members complaining because their views are not agreed with, or because they lack the skills or information to defend their posts. That is a genuine concern, and it is something we don't want at this website. We take allegations of personal attacks seriously, but if they have no merit, they will be dismissed. I don't want to coddle anyone. Indeed if someone comes here with views that different from this website's purpose: "Loving, Encouraging, Embracing, Teaching and Building With Our People." If such a person comes here with other goals in mind, posts controversial views, they better be able to defend themselves. It that person comes on here bold enough to disagree with our purpose, post disparaging views about our goals, yet lacks the ability to defend their views....that person will be humiliated & exposed. I think that person deserves such a response! If one comes here and doesn't believe/agree with what we are doing, they don't need to be here. Indeed, there are other websites which would probably better serve them. Either way, I think it is possible to agree & disagree without making personal insults...this is what we strive to do.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back