Pan Africanism : Threats and Intimidations against Africans from Africans

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by abdurratln, Aug 9, 2007.

1. abdurratln

abdurratln Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +153
    Taken from http://www.stlamerican.com/articles/2007/08/09/news/local_news/localnews02.txt.

THURSDAY AUGUST 9, 2007 Last modified: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 10:39 PM CDT

Editor of black Oakland paper slain

Chauncey Bailey allegedly murdered over local coverage

WASHINGTON (NNPA) - The publisher of the Oakland Post is calling on black newspapers across America to not only stay the course, but “step up” when uncovering injustices and speaking truth to power in the wake of the assassination-style murder of his paper’s editor, Chauncey Bailey.

Bailey, 57, editor-in-chief of all five editions of the Post newspaper (Oakland, Berkeley Tri-City, Richmond, San Francisco and South County) and longtime reporter, was gunned down in the street by an unknown assailant at 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning, August 2.

Devaughdre Broussard, 19, has been arrested for the murder. Police said he has confessed, saying he killed Bailey because of stories he was writing on the bakery where he worked as a handyman, Your Black Muslim Bakery, according to reports.

“Especially with the demise of our national civil rights organizations like the NAACP, the Black Press is going to have to step up,” said Post publisher Paul Cobb.

“They should not shrink back and give a free pass to either suspected corruption or wrong-doing or inequities in society.”

Cobb vowed not to allow fear, threats or intimidation to stop his paper from continuing to uncover truths: “If you don't cover something that needs to be covered just because you're afraid for your life, you don’t need to be in the business.”

In the four years since Bailey was hired, the Post had received numerous “threats of violence,” Cobb said.

Arrested Saturday, Broussard was booked on murder and weapons charges, and was being held without bond. Broussard was on probation for a San Francisco burglary, according to reports.

Police said Broussard stalked and shot Bailey at least three times with a shotgun.

Cobb said the paper had also worked on stories “related to criminal activity, totally unrelated to stories on the Black Muslim Bakery” as well as “investigating people in the police department.”

It was apparently that fearlessness in his writing and his speaking on radio and television that caused the paper to flourish in the community. Cobb said the circulation skyrocketed from 5,000, when Bailey was first hired four years ago, up to its current audited circulation of 60,000.

Bailey was a seasoned journalist, who had covered the black community for the daily Oakland Tribune for more than 20 years. He had also written for the Detroit News, UPI, and the Hartford Courant. He had been a popular reporter for KDIA radio and Soul Beat TV.

“Chauncey’s coverage at the Oakland Tribune was essential to the paper,” said Martin Reynolds, the paper’s managing editor.

“His was a voice and perspective we have not had since he left.”

“African Americans have lost a champion and the world has lost an outstanding journalist,” said Bob Butler, president of the Bay Area Black Journalists Association.

“Chauncey will be missed. He was at every media event and he always asked the first question,” said Oakland Mayor Ronald V. Dellums.

“His questions were thoughtful and you knew that he sought to truly inform the public.”

“Chauncey was the consummate truth teller, no matter what the forum,” said radio talk show host Joe “Black Eagle” Madison, who has known Bailey since the 1970s. “He would never allow journalists, editors or reporters to undervalue, underestimate or marginalize the black community. He was fearless when it came to speaking truth to power. Chauncey was the type of journalist that would ask God the tough questions and demand an answer.”

The Post is a member of the National Newspaper Publishers Association, The Black Press of America, a federation of 200 black-owned newspapers that also includes the St. Louis American.

[Note: Remeber what happened to Malcolm X.]

2. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    What is your point?!!

3. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153
    It speaks for itself. Hopefully, the wiser "Black Muslims" will see that their threats are not appreciated and are bound to fail. More and more Africans will stand up to this foolishness. The truth shall make us free.

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Not saying that any of this story is not true, but it just don't sit right with me.

1) I know Black Muslims are the being watched for terrorist activities.
    2) There has been a string of Black reporters unexpectingly dying.
    3) First they said he was shot and killed executioner style.
    4) "In the four years since Bailey was hired, the Post had received. numerous “threats of violence.” Who was sending those threats?

*notice the quote highlighted in bold*

And last but not least
    4) A common burglar, working as a handyman in a bakery Mr. Bailey was
    covering? Doesn't really seem like much of a motive to me.

But what do I know? I know one thing, when ever one gets close to
    exposing the truth on a grandeur level, they usually mysteriously disappears, get hurt, or worst...Murdered.

We should atleast honor the spirit of Mr Chauncey by asking the tough questions and demanding an answer, and always seek to exposed the truth.

Rest Well Mr. Chauncey! Your missive here on earth may have ended, but your legacy to reveal truth continues.

:heart:

5. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21

Yeah I am in agreement. Whenever we get deeply involved with the COMMUNITY and find CONNECTIONS to the NATION and its OPERATION we open up OURSELVES to ENEMIES never CONSIDERED BEFORE.

I hope this DOES not DETER our YOUNG MEN and WOMEN who may want to REPORT on the COMMUNITY and SHED some LIGHT for us ALL.

6. pdiane

pdiane Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +21
    No it doesn't speak for itself. General statements are made here with no backup or proof.

With all due respect Abdurratin, the words that come out of your mouth, particularly in the post about prophet muhammad, clearly demonstrate that you cannot handle the truth. You, who tried to defame our great historians, in that post, cannot be trusted to know what the truth is.

I have been worked with Black Muslims throughout the years, although I am no longer one. They have proven to be basically honest and lovers of Black People and the Black Afrakan Community. Striving to do the right thing against many many odds.

Under the leadership of Minister Farrakhan (may peace in blessing always be upon him) he is done everything in his power to clean up himself and the Nation, although some individuals have been inappropriate, evil, belligerent and just plane wrong in the Nation, it is not his fault. Every organization, that tries to uplift Afrakans, is going to have Co-intel-pro members, sick members, mentally deranged members, after all a number of them come straight out of prison.

So please you are not the one. You lost your credibility when you defended islam and justified its wrong doings against women, children, and Black Afrakan people on the other post.

Perhaps you need to clean up your act before you give "Black Muslims" advise.

7. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    The X-Factor

Although I am NOT a "Black Muslim" I have never denied my Family Roots and ties to the NOI. Nor have I rejected the Nation's teachings which were initially based on the teaching of MOORISH SCIENTIST Noble Drew Ali.

From it's beginning Master Fard made a dsitinction between MOORISH SCIENCE and ARAB-Sunni "Religion" and taught that TRUE ISLAM was a SCIENCE and NOT a "religion".

This SCEINCE was and continues to be known as THE SUPREME WISDOM.

http://www.thenationofislam.org/supremewisdom.html

The PROBLEM here is a lack of WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE concerning the TRUE Nature of ISLAM. This is KNOWN as Problem Number 13.

As stated, "After learning Mathematics, which is Islam, and Islam is Mathematics, it stands true. You can always prove it at no limit of time."

Based upon this, the Nation adopted a practice of assigning the letter "X" to the names of various members. This letter is also a Mathematical symbol AND principal related to SCIENCE.

As explained in THE PROBLEM BOOK, "Now you must speak the language so you can use your mathematical Theology in the proper Term-otherwise you will not be successful unless you do speak well, for she knows all about you."

Since the leter and symbol "X" is on eof the 26 letters which must be LEARNED this is in the FULL Context and MEANING of the "X-Factored".

The PROBLEM presented here in this thread is indicative of a LACK of WISDOM based upon a lack of KNOWLEDGE conscerning the COMPLETE Knowledge of the X-Factor.

However, the Messenger's "naming pattern" itself provided US with the SOLUTION and this was also a key given to US in the teaching concerning "Yakub's History".

This KEy involves WISDOM obtained with not simply a "knowledge" of our ancient Afrikan "surnames" but in naming Patterns and study of the BLACK GENETIC CODE. Once we Study and LEARN Our Story based upon KNOWLEDGE of Our Society based upon OUR Mitochondrial DNA then We KNOW where we are from and where we are at.

Out_Siders FAIl to make the Link between the "X" in our "names" and its following representation.

FEMALE CHROMOSOME HAS X-FACTOR

The teaching of Naim Akbar dealt with this KNOWLEDGE from a psychological context now we must study harder to REVEAL the Genetic make-up of OUR FAMILY.

As the article states, "They found that female mammals, who posess two copies of the X chromosome, express more genes than males, who only have one X and one Y chromosome."

"They also said that females were protected from many diseases because of their double dose of the X chromsome."

The Messenger's teaching REVEALED how the "white man" was created by "spitting" this "double dose of the X chromosome."

This was DECADES before the recent scientific "discoveries".

http://bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/43555355.stm

In essence, by rejecting our "slave sur-names" WE essentially were Identifying with Our MOTHER's Land and Our Mother's mitochondrial DNA Tree of Life.

Now, I must ask, how is this "anti-African" when it is a CULTURE developed based upon a SELF-Identification of OUR AFRICANITY?!

And dude got nerve to view others as foolish?!!

As much as My family and I LOVED and continue to LOVE brother Omowale Malcolm X Shabazz, I must say that he unfortunately was himself FOOLED by some of His Sunni "brethren".

Thus I must give credit to the Hon. Elijah Muhammad, who was NEVER FOOLED for a single second, and credit must also begiven to brothers James, Silas and Louis Farrakhan Muhammad for their steadfastness over the past 32 years in not giving in to the FOOLISHNESS for if they did mostlikely the various "factions" of the NOI would have been further corrupted by the Orthodoxy which is presently in bed with the us government-military-industrial-complex!

The NOI is the ONLY African, MASS-working class-based Organization AND Movement IN THE WORLD!

The "King Alfred Plan FAILED to Prevent the Rise of the Nation and further attempts to defame, libel and discredit the Nation shall continue to FAIL in the present-past-Future.

WhY?

"The X chromosome is the most extraordinary in the human genome in terms of biology and its association with disease."

So Long as this "Mother-Ship Connection" is maintained WE shall remain PROTECTED.

This is a message to ALL "negroes" de-void of "tha funk"!

8. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153

9. abdurratln

Ratings:
    +153
    Brother, Islam is religion AND science. Islam fully incorporates what we know as the Scinetific Method.

http://www.thenationofislam.org/supremewisdom.html

No. The problem is a lack of wisdom and knowledge concerning Islam. The best that I can say about the Nation of Islam is that it is a very tiny part of the worldwide Ummah. Ul-Ummah consists of 1.5 billion people. At best the Muslims in the USA are less than 10 million. The Million Man March may have mobilized about 1 million people. Most of these do not even claim Islam. Of the less than 10 million who do claim Islam, the nation of Islam is a very small minority.

Whatever. This is about a report that another African has been murdered by "Black Muslims". There is a dead body. The evidence indicates that the brother was murdered.

We are "FROM" Africa. We we are "AT" the point where we must unite to Develop Africa Economically. Threatneing one another and killing one another is the biggest problem that we are faced with. For years it were the Crips and Bloods, Now they are back in jail where they belong. Civilized Africans need to get real and do something positive for the African Nation. Africans for Africa.

Did it ever occur to you, Brother, that a slave name is to call us anything other than African? It is a slave name to call us the n-word I and n-word II: neeeegorws. It is a slave name to call us the c-word: colored people. It is a slave name to call us the b-word: Black Americans.

This is my whole point really. We are brain-washed from the moment we accept that anyone can call of out of our name. So, the salves were "freed" and they were enslaved mentally from a brain-washing process that continues to this very day.

We are Africans. Period. Africans for Africa.

Incidentally. Which faction of the Nation of Islam refused to accept $1 billion when it was offered? That's 1 thousand millions of hard currency USA dollars. D-O-L-L-A-R-$. Can you imagine, Brother, how much good and/or evil the Nation of Islam could have done with $1 billion?

Also, I would dearly like to know which faction of the Nation of Islam messed up the million D-O-L-L-A-R restruant in Chicago. That resturant was bought and paid for with ARAB MONEY. But, somehow the owners and managers managed to mess it up. Now, it is very difficult to convince our oil-rich brothers and sisters to trust us with any real money. Which fation done it, Brother?

While we are at it, amaybe you can shine a little light on why the Muhammad Farms have never seem to do anything about providing halal products for ul-Ummah. Clearly there is a market. How come we must import our Halal meats all the way from Malaysia? Which faction is holding up progress on that front?

Really? What about the African Unification Front? Many organizations claim this distinction. At least they talk the talk. What I want to see is how well the Nation of Islam walks the walk.

As a point of history, let it be known that we presented an Economic Development Program to the Nation of Islam at the Million Man March. We have not heard a response yet. This is why I established the Front for the Unification and Development of African and Arabia: to implement this very same Program among other things. From the beginning, I personally invited the Nation of Islam and the Millions More Movement to join us. So far, I anticapate much hard work trying to get them to do so.

In the meantime, let it be known that individual memebers of the Millions More Movement and the Nation of Islam are welcome. As brother Qaddafi has said, if the leaderes cannot and will not advance African Unity, we must do so from botton to the top. A mass organization need to have the msses remove any so-called leader who fails to advance African Unity. Africans for Africa.

We are Africans. Period. What piece of land did "neeeeeeeeegrows" come from? The moon? They surely did NOT come from Africa. Only Africans come from Africa.