Site News : Thread Prefixes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, May 28, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Peace and Blessings Family,

As you all might be able to see, we will now have prefixes for every thread.

I'm hoping this will help us know just how rich and diverse are content is, as well as help keep things in better order.

When you create your thread, you'll have the option of choosing your own prefix ... categorizing your own thread.

The system will allow you to create the thread without a prefix, but if you do that, the Moderating TEAM is going to come behind you and choose one for you. This will probably be based on where you originally placed your thread (if placed in the proper forum), and the content of your thread.

So it's really best if you categorize your own thread (choose your own prefix).

I'm still in the midst of setting this up, so some forums don't have prefixes yet, but they will soon. So please, as you create new threads, please choose a prefix for it (unless you just want us to do it for you).

If you have suggestions on how we can better prefix / categorize things, please let us know.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, etc., please let us know.

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    This is realy good ... i'm seeing you all use the prefixes, and getting a sense of how this might work best for us.

While implementing, and testing this, i changed a bunch of threads to things i thought it should be ... like a lot of Spirituality / Religion threads ... to ... Theology.

But i'm seeing now that you all are choosing Discussion, Chit Chat, etc., in the Spirituality Forum ... which is fine and great! :D

So if i've changed your thread to Theology, and you'd like it to be something else, just let me know.

Post a link to your thread in this thread, along with what you'd like for it to be, instead of Theology.

We're all learning together, as we go.

Love You!

Destee

3. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    :wave:

4. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Give AFRIKANS some toys and they just show out!:nono::insane:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I was playing around with the thread prefixes and ... well ... i wiped 'em out all ... :eeek:

$$RICH$$ is going to kill me, because he went through the poetry threads, and added a prefix to most all of them! looking for the "hide me" smiley

Oh Gosh.

Well ... now that I've messed everything up, I think I'm going to try and make it easier on all of us, and just have one prefix for the most part ... BLACK PEOPLE. I'm already seeing how the other prefixes really did help with navigation, kinda giving us all a clue regarding what could be found inside of a thread. This may not last long, and I'll have to go back and re-do all that I just undid ... oh gosh ... without $$RICH$$ ... :cry:

We'll see ... just letting you all know what's going on.

Love You!

Destee

6. PLATINUMILLITY1

PLATINUMILLITY1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Full Time Student and Independant Buisness Owner
    Ratings:
    +38
    No, it's not that much. $$RICH$$ took that time out, I can too. I see the Black People prefix. Let me see if you have changed anyting, because you did not say if you did yet.