Black People : Thoughts on Human Sexuality and the metaphysics of it all!

Dreaminginblueclouds

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 8, 2015
Hello!

So I'm a guy. From a predominately black city, born and raised (for the most part. I attend a university. I like to study people, culture, and behaviors. Blah Blah Blah. Not very interesting stuff there. :) Forgive me for any typos!!!

I saw a post about homosexuality and I honestly feared clicking on it. For a long time I have been searching for a forum that caters to the spirituality and metaphysics of black people. However, often times I find myself operating in space where black bodies (aka black people, yes I am black myself) cast stones at what they know little about, namely non-heterosexuality.

I am young - 19 years old to be exact. But I made an account to post here because I am not straight. For some of you, that will register as "he is gay" - but no, I have been with both men and woman. No, I do not identify myself as bisexual. Now, I now for some people that is going to be too "new age-y" and it will not click. However, if we are seeking to understand each other as black beings before everything else, then now is the time to listen and not judge, correct?

My thoughts on human sexuality: like everything else, it is a mixture of nature and nurture, but I also believe it to be of the spiritual and metaphysical. Is there concrete proof about a homosexual gene? Supposedly. But, I'd rather talk about the metaphysical stuff. Slightly off topic, but it is better if a non-straight person can throw an opinion in there, yes?

I am heavy into the idea that beings are composed on different types of energy, for the sake of this topic let's start with male and female energy. I believe that they are some beings that are comprised of both (should we all be comprised of both? I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but I believe everyone is). If everything is about balance - yin yang, fractals, sacred geometry - then should male and female energy be balanced as well? Furthermore, if we look at reincarnation, the aspect of being male in one life, female in another, and another gender (some cultures believe that there are more than 2 genders) then would it not make since for people to be attracted to the gender that they were attracted to in a previous life? We pull all kinds of different traits from our previous lives (if you believe in reincarnation) yet, there are things that we do not pull as well.

Now, I was raised by women. I know some people are going to think, "well that is why you're not straight." If there is a cosmic order, a cosmic plan, and a higher existence then I am going to embrace that order. Everything in my life has put in the perfect place, at the perfect time, for the perfect circumstances for learning. Being raised by women has taught me to love, nurture, and except women for the beautiful goddess that they are. At the same time, I missed the homophobia, the poisonous form (I am not saying all of masculinity is poisonous) of macho masculinity that my father *tried to instill in me. I care for my brothers and my sisters as equals. I believe that love, in its purest form does not regard gender. Love is Love.

Now, like straight people, you will have non-straight people who are doing crazy things. Rape, murder, etc etc.

On another note, you are going to have people who want the equal footing that straight person has received - the ability to flaunt their sexualities. Non-heterosexual themes are going to appear in music, media, and etc because people want their voices just as heard as heterosexuals. I bring this up because someone posted a music video in the thread about homosexuality. We could look at all the suggestive lyrics of straight rappers, but let's not. I am not a fan of either to be honest.

Moreover, every culture is different. Men of Siwa Oasis near Egypt were having sex with each other for nearly a thousand years. Greeks too. I strongly believe people are not born gay or straight or whatever - but it is a combination of nature, nurture, the spiritual and the metaphysical.

Alas, Science for years has told us things about our race that we know are just not true. Science is only a piece of existence. The human experience and the spiritual make up other parts as well. Before we judge and go solely by science, let us look to our fellow beings as well.

Questions? Thoughts? Comments? Questions about me? Bring it on! We're here to love and educate each other if I am not mistaken...

Last edited:
Hello!

So I am terribly new. I tried to post a new thread to share my thoughts on human sexuality, seeing that most people here identify as straight and know very little about the human experience of being not-straight. not straight does NOT mean gay. I know some of you were raised that way and will continue to think that way. Nature vs Nuture anyone? :lol:

The post is for those who are willing to look at another side of the coin rather then only thinking of what they see. Many of you may not even have friends who exist outside of heterosexuality - which is fine. I can't reach everyone. But if this is a forum in which we wish to gain understand of each other and gain understanding that the human experience is broad and cannot be placed under the confines of one line of thought then please hear me out.

The post I created is under the title thoughts on human sexuality blah blah blah or I can re-post here (??? is that legal???).

:hello: Dreaminginblueclouds ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

I have moved your post above to its own thread ... sorry you were not able to create the new thread yourself.

I have work scheduled to fix issues we've been having and hopefully it will fix your ability to create a new thread.

Anywho ... glad you joined us and please make yourself at home.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Ohhhhh Dreaminginblueclouds .... i have merged your thread from the Front Porch and here ... :look:

I don't know if i made things worse or better ... but am glad to see you were able to create a new thread afterall.

Good Job! Looks like you are cook'n with gas ... :cook:

Like you don't really need me at all ... :)

Carry on, have fun ... holla if you need me.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back