Black Poetry : Thought she wasn't good enough to be loved?

msluciousb

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 10, 2001
Kansas City, Missouri
Occupation
Self Employed, Business Consultant
Talked to my friend the other day we always have a lot to say.
She felt like she needed to unload a burden, I am always here when someone I love is hurting. She told me of the heartache she felt and was daily dealt by men with shallow minds who had no heart and conciousness when it came to speaking their empty minds. How she was too fat and she looked so old cause of what society has made so bold...women to be beautiful should look like this before they are worthy of even a kiss.
I cannot for the life of me see how one who is so heavenly feel so unloved and unworthy.
Each one of us is unique in size and shape...I define a person by their heart and not by weight...that is something I truly hate.
The oversized or overweight as they say don't necessarily want to be that way. They are not all lazy and greedy pigs , it's just the way it is. The weight loss industry is big biz... Feeding us daily with a steady menu of anorexic diva's and starved out over achievers who think perfection is the outer appearance and not the inner being...Then I would rather be blind if I was limited in seeing...You are beautiful full figured or slim and trim...it's not about other folks and it's not about him...it seems to be to be a terrible dillema when folks can't love you unless you slimma...
My idea of the perfect man is someone who will love me as I am!
So if you are the type of man who makes a woman feel unworthy of love...I wonder what you are thinking of? Do you think that you will not one day change...and develop a keg instead of a six pack...and the hands of time you cannot turn back? One day we all will be suddenly changed and that is the time when we will be rearranged. But until then I say my brother lets not be cruel to one another! Look at the heart and not the body.
Girlfriend you are as beautiful as the flowers God made...and if he made you full figure he loves you that way.
For the man who can't accept you then tell him to step.
And smile and laugh and get your pep ...
Queens in Africa are not judged by their size a matter a fact the bigger the better.
So Queen sized you be, love life and be free... you see you are the prize made only for your true loves eyes.
I'll be **** if I chose a man who will not love me as I am!
To you my sister I love you dear...your beauty is without and right:heart: here!
Bjs(C)2002

Thanks for Reading Rich!

I know a lot more women can identify with this piece/peace, if they take the time to read...it is sad indeed...been there, and when I decided to change my body image, it had nothing to do with a man! I learned to love myself and that is what this poem is all about...LOVE YA SELF IN WHATSOEVER STATE YOU MIGHT BE IN! REALITY, life is only temporary , spirit is eternal!

Blessings On Ya House!:kiss:

you have to love you first
you can't sit around waiting for someone to love you
nobody can love you the way you can
be patient
IT WILL HAPPEN
but you have to be patient

peace

DSS

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back