Black People : those who can, do. those who cannot, criticize

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by jamesfrmphilly, Oct 14, 2009.

1. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    what is up with this unending criticizing of obama? why are nationalists so upset with him?
    i do not think the man is perfect at all but i am wondering at the venom that is poured on him.
    i think it is black self hate. am i wrong?

2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    so when are you going to run for president?

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Brother James ... i agree with you, but it's not just Obama, we do it to all of our people. Our people die at the hands of other Black People, every single day. When it comes to the venom we spew with our mouths, Obama is an easy target.

I believe most all of what we do to each other, is what they've taught us to do to each other, and we do it well. The whole crab in the barrel syndrome, wanting to point to the wrong we think a Sister or Brother is doing, rather than focusing on their good. Those that do this, act as though they have no wrong in them, as if they have always lived a righteous life, never making one mistake, and can now stand in judgment of others. It's hypocritical at best.

It's like me wanting to hate on Kobe Bryant, or Shaquille O'Neal ... talking about they don't deserve none of those trophies, rings, awards, or championships they've won ... that all of those accolades are a joke ... but i can't run up and down the court even 2 times without passing out from lack of oxygen.

It's way easy to be an armchair quarterback, after the game, doing nothing to prepare one's mind and body for actual play time.

Yep ... anyone can critique the plays at that point ... anyone ... but it takes some doing, to actually be in the game ... some doing and effort that most don't have or won't expend ... but they all in it ... talking about how raggedy and undeserving the key players are.

It's like we can't be happy that the Brother won the Presidency or Nobel Peace Prize. We, in this community, who often talk about the injustices our people experience, the jobs, promotions, considerations that never come our way ... that are rightfully ours ... but when a Brother gets one, just a taste of some of that ... we complaining about he don't deserve it.

We're a mess.

:heart:

Destee

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,748
    :em0200: naw homie. i got way too many skeletons locked up in my closet

5. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379
    :welldone: That was beautiful Queen, I could not agree more!
    I wish we all could just come together and just be a unified people
    instead of having the crab in the barrel mentality we somtimes display towrads ecah other.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Decipherx1 ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :wave:

Thanks for joining us, sharing, and adding to the love !!! :love:

Make yourself right at home, because you are! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

7. decipherx1

decipherx1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +379

T.Y. Queen,I'm trying to post more because I LOVE this site
    Keep up the great work.;)

8. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    Black folks have been criticizing presidents since we had the right to vote.

And with the Black caucus except for a few sisters,
    sitting on their hands while Bush burned the Black community globaly, scepticism is only natural.

Black nationalists do not like neo-conism, from whites,
    so now you are saying we must accept it from Blacks?

Michael Moore did a movie called Capitalism a Romance,
    and after watching that movie I think some folks have a romance with the president o the United States.

We can always criticize the president,
    Unless he is Black,

and if he is we must keep eerything he does in public a secret, and keep our mouths shut and outr hands folded like good littl children, while the corporations take over the nation, corporate criminals get bailed out while Black folks loose homes jobs and pentions

Is that how Mobutu did it in the Congo?
    or Jonas Savimbi in Angola?
    or Baby Doc in Haiti?

They all made sure the press never let the citizens know what they were doing,
    and now it seems some folks would appreciate that kind of media Whiteout here as well, especially of the progressive media

9. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    Well jamesfrmphilly,

Skeletons in g. dubya's closet didn't deter him, lol.

10. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    yes we are my beautiful sister,you hit the nail right on the head we are all guilty although i will say that sometimes it's not so much envy as it is us wanting so much for our black selves as a people that we just get caught in a sort of whirlwind of emotion and it sometimes can come out as a negative and i don't mean this as an excuse but as a possible way of explaining the way we act towards one another at times,take myself for example[i'm always my own biggest critic]when i read about black folks planning to go home[africa]i'll say something like[the only place we're going is to work]now that's small minded and selfish because i don't know that a brother or sister isn't actually planning on leaving[heck maybe i'm a little mad because i wanna go too]but at any rate these are the kinds of things that come out of our minds and mouths at times and it only hurts us as a people and although i'll still drop the hammer when i feel it's needed i have to be mindful and keep my own[self hatred]in check...and yes my people we all have some in us.