Black People : THIS WAS A TIME WHEN BLACK PEOPLE MAY NOT HAVE HAD "EVERY-THING" BUT THEY HAD A WHOLE LOT.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by $$RICH$$, Apr 13, 2012.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
  2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,731
    This is really great info.

Even though I lived in California, it still blows my mind that the Black Panthers were doing this way out there! When I was in the east coast, I was never taught that Black people were even out there and it was not my genre when information flowed about the Black presence way over there and so, I was just shocked to learn this when I finally moved there. Now though, i see reruns of shows like the Streets of San Francisco, and realize that there were Black actors in these films about a city in California, but it still amazes me. The history of the Black Panthers is also so scattered and not even brought up in the HBCU's, and this too is so mind bloggling. So thank you for posting this.

My feelings remind me of a Middle eastern woman who had the same kind of response in regards to Black people, as a whole, being here in America. She told me that White people never let on that we were over here, and she thought that we did not exist at all in America until the Ojay trials. She said that she was so shocked when she came to America and saw Black people. Even though she had seen the movie Roots, she could not make that connection in that we were over here. It just says something to me about how White people have deliberately hid so much from ethnic people in the world. Something is wrong with this system and it's coming out though, in bits and pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised if foreigners know more about certain things in America and American history than we do. We've only been taught what they wanted us to know...

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    So true sistah , they only allowed us so much but with all the knowledge and network tools we have
    we now see far beyond what we was taught , this is true reality coming forth .