Black Relationships : This sounds retarded, but I need your opinion

intolerant

May 18, 2003
Can you give me YOUR OWN definition of what you think a ***** is. If you are wondering why I am asking you that, well I am asking because my boyfriend threw a temper tantrum last night, because I was trying to ask him if he is being faithful to me. He got mad and called me a "****in' *****". And he told me that I act like I do not trust him, because I keep on asking him. So I am in a suffering mood today, trying to think about ways to not say much to him. He wants me to move back to Kansas City where I came from, just because I told him that I do not appreciate his dirty language around me. So I want to know in your opinion, what do you think a ***** is. In my opinion, of intellect, if he is calling me a *****, then he is calling me domineering, lewd, and as well as mailicous. Can you guys tell me what YOUR definition of ***** is.

Thank you very much

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
intolerant...my sister....I've read other messages you have posted here and I want to share a few things with you.

First, we request that posters do not use language that appears on our "banned" word list. The name of a female dog used in the context to insult a female is one of those words. Please review the forum rules by clicking on the link at the top of each forum page to familiarize yourself with the rules here and comply.

Second, I must agree with Kemestry...you and your "friend" appear to have a lot of drama in your relationship. You write as though you're unhappy in the relationship, you come here for advice about what to do, yet you stay in the relationship. Does this sound healthy to you?

I'm sure that anyone who is computer literate knows full well what the definition of that word is. I'm sure you have access to a dictionary if you don't. If nothing else, We don't need to generate a whole discussion about it when we hear it used so often around us.

I would guess that since you didn't take what your boyfriend said to mean he was paying you a compliment, what does it matter knowing many different people's definition of the offensive word?

I don't think we want to encourage people to express to you and others something as derogatory and demeaning as what you prompt by the focus of this thread. Trust me, it serves no value and only serves to perpetuate a negative situation. Don't just come with the problem...bring some solutions with you sister!

You seek advice here? Well, I would suggest that you re-evaluate your relationship with someone who treats you as you describe. If you don't like it, then raise up and do something to change it. If you are willing to settle for this treatment, then live with it and stop complaining. Let your behavior be consistent with your words. That's the best advice I can offer you at this time.

Of course, we only have your side of the story so people are only going to feed off of what information you supply us with.

I sincerely hope you make the BEST choice for you!

Peace :heart:

$$RICH$$

Lyon King Admin.
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
it's a female four leg dog ..............
to call a woman such is very disrespectful
if he truely love u he wouldn't say it
it allows u to see how he really feel
it's a low blow to any woman these are words of hate
surely ur not what one so called u out to be.....
ur more then that myth of speaking and know ya a Queen
the mess is crazy stuff i think u need to look twice at him
u ask if he's being faithful and he blow up taking it somewhere
else trust had nothing to do with it ...that tells u he's doing
something not right .....in due time it will come to light for eyes to
see but to call u this was low .......u will have to think about this
and work it out within self ........if u allow him to say this and treat u this way ur headed for self destruction ......stop him now and ur allow to ask question no reason to blow up
u did nothing wrong good luck on this word play drama...

ZeroGravity

Jul 12, 2002
Atlanta
Occupation
System Administrator
That word is similar to the n-word in that it depends on who is saying it and context in which it is spoken.

I've heard women use that word to describe themselves in a complimentary fashion and some wear it like a badge of honor.

I've heard men use that word toward other men which tends to provoke violence immediately afterward.

I've heard men use that word toward his woman and she doesn't take it as a derogatory term.

I've heard women use that word in describing another woman that somehow elevates her image in a positive swing and I've heard women use that word to assasin someone's character.

-AND- I've heard men use that word toward women in the fashion of your post, which only you can interpret the meaning and context in which it was spoken. From just reading your post...the interpretation of the context is not readily clear to me cause those same words can be spoken to a woman and it will cause her to smile.

I agree with Thandiwe in another thread on that word....that a word that's gotta GO...but it yield so much power and used by so many...it ain't going nowhere :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chuck Black People Politics : Legalizing It All Seems and Sounds Like Another Cop Out! Black People Politics 26
Gorilla Computers - Software Hardware : Failing Hard Drive Sounds Science and Technology 0
ru2religious Black Spirituality Religion : Strange Sounds around the World Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 4
cherryblossom Black Entertainment : S.O.U.L. (Sounds of Unity and Love) Black Entertainment 6
Ankhur Black People : Japanese Nuclear Plant Skipped Inspections/ Sounds familiar Black People Open Forum 1
MsInterpret Black People : WHOA!! This woman says she isn't racist, but sounds like it. Black People Open Forum 11
Ankhur Black People Politics : OBAMA SOUNDS SHARP AT PRESS CONF OVER TAXCUTS Black People Politics 3
SeekingMaat Black People : Sounds of BLACKNESS Black People Open Forum 1
M Black Spirituality Religion : Beautiful sounds Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Sounds of Silence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
triniti424 Black Entertainment : Van Hunt... (yeah i know his name sounds white lol but hes not) Black Entertainment 3
K Black Authors : "Azucar Moreno" (New book) sounds like a good one Short Stories - Authors - Writing 5
T Black Poetry : as it sounds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
N Black Poetry : Sounds of Blackness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Sounds of Silence Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
L Black Poetry : “Us” sounds so much better Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
K Black Poetry : Sounds of Blackness Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
F Black Entertainment : D'mello This Name Sounds Familiar Black Entertainment 3
F Black Entertainment : heather headley sounds good Black Entertainment 0
N Black Poetry : Succession of Sounds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Sounds and Smiles Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
S Black Poetry : Embedded Sounds on a Page Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
T Black Muslims : Retarded, Mentally Crippled, Outcast and Bad Breath Islam Study Group 0
M Black People : AFRICA NEEDS 2B QUARANTINED! Retarded/Deformed Needs 2b Removed Black People Open Forum 10
H Black Education / Schools : Louisiana Schools Teaching Black Males They Are Retarded Black Education / Schools 25
D Black Jokes Humor : retarded grandparents Black Jokes Humor 4
K Black Poetry : I am a white blond haired, blue-eyed white man who is retarded Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
K Black People : Handicapped / Mentally Retarded People Black People Open Forum 16
T Black Poetry : Seizure/Retarded (pt2. of the Mind Freak trilogy) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
R Black Poetry : Wreck haters like spectators standing about demanding clout for a newspaper route got wordy flows and like dirty clothes need washing to proceed squa Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : America has an urgent need for Black doctors: 'It's hard to be what you can't imagine' Black Health and Wellness 0
C Black People : Black Afrikans Has No Knowledge Of Need Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Come hot with moves and lot of dudes sways nowadays its a street race have to keep pace need tremendous motion in a continuous ocean rip shop and sca Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
C Black People : Need And Want Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Decolonizing Dermatology: Why Black and Brown Skin Need Better Treatment Black Health and Wellness 0
C Black People : The Need To Return Black People Open Forum 0
P Black People : "Evony : the kings return" game- Need help on a racist in a game that threaten to shoot black people Black People Open Forum 2
HODEE Black People : East Coast Will Need N95 _ Mask ( It May Not Help ) to Avoid "Silica" Glass Dust Storm Coming From Africa to the United States Black People Open Forum 2
R Black Poetry : He has a bold team but his whole scheme is plunged into darkness need info to spark this he'll dispatch a lot after he hatch a PLOT look boo you got Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
C Black People : Hear Me Oh Black World In Need Of Recovery Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : It's hard for logic to prevail over emotions female has an ocean of wetness in potion In her panties step no harm must accept The norm need help on a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : This is news to someone play the blues and come undone need girl to have fun a ton hitting nerds with written words gitting absurd kisses while birds Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
C Black People : Black Afrikan People need To Just Stop And Be Still For A Moment!!! Black People Open Forum 1
R Black Poetry : Sex is not a profession could raise complex questions when trouble need advice could end up having a double life now too much rubble wrong price see a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : A note is a short letter with all sorts of clever words to speak that's never heard on the street, tonight need help to climb a flight of steps to got Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
C Black People : I Am Not All I Need To Be Black People Open Forum 0
C Black People : Afrika Black Afrikans Are In Need Of An Afrikan Reconstruction Renasissance!!! Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : Got facts and brag and use a sack or bag to tote these quotes and collect fees from folks need a honey with pie and a money supply see a girl want cak Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
L Black Parenting : White Imagery - Need some advice Black Parenting 4
R Black Poetry : This is hot and fly and it will occupy some dumb eardrums and some fear come from being haters, need elevators to take them all the way up like FAT J Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0