Black People : This smells an awful lot like racism

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kamau47, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I am one of those fans who grew up listening to Michael Jackson and his brothers, loving every minute of it. Though I did not idolize the man, I to this day listen to both the new and the old music of him.
    Now I must admit that there has been an awful lot of Michael's death coverage on the media, but I have learned to watch/read what I want, and just skim over the rest. I also never believed for one minute that he was a child molester, that there was an underlining financial motive for those accusations, and when the not guilty verdict came back, I was all right with it.
    Then today, I read this;

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

And to be honest with you, the first word that popped into my head was racist. Whoever this Peter King fellow is, I have not any idea. I have never heard of him, don't know his views or voting record; just never heard of him. But now, he pops up on the radar and all but wears his hood, calling Michael every word of hate he can. What's more, I was under the impression that Michael had his day in court, and that he was found not guilty. Not to mention, it was "their" court that adjudicated him.
    Does this surprise me...........not really I guess. I have said before, I expect all the roaches to come out now as they usually do after someones dies (like the woman from London who filed papers claiming not only to be his wife and mother of his children, but also having 30 other children by the devil.....you'll have to Google that one to believe it), just that this wasn't some wacko from jersey, this is a government official.
    Frankly, what I am sick of is the media portraying up this "drug" thing. I guess a black man in this country cannot die of a heart attack; he had to be overly medicating himself, just like a black man can't just get shot. It has to be drug or gang related.
    Anyway family, just putting in my rant for today. Would love to hear your response to this.
    As for King............stand right here :flamet:

2. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +763
    Peace,

White people talking bad about black people. Typical if you ask me. He just doing his job. I expect it and keep it moving.

Peace

3. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Without

checking the video, cuz I'm just not that interested in the guy's opinion, since he wants to give glory to soliders, war mongers.... I have the following comments...

Just because someone is not convicted in a court of law does not make them innocent. Too often in the African American communities child diddlers and rapists get away with their dirty because we don't want to bring such evil to the surface. The children don't testify, the mothers don't take necessary steps to stop the abuse, and the police just make matters worse.

I don't know whether Michael was innocent or not, what I know is that his relationship with young boys was inappropriate period. What I also know is that because of his fame he managed to get away from prosecution; and the world kept up their admiration.

Personally I don't give a good dime what color you are - if you're a child molester I have no love for you. If I can prove that you're guilty, I say save the taxpayers money and buy a bullet.

Womben and children who speak up and out about the amount of incest, child molestation and abuse in our communities have been exiled, ostracized, labelled as queers, lesbians and have more to deal with, sometimes, then the predators.

I admire the man's music. To me he was a man, one whose spirit wasn't at peace because of his own disturbed childhood, and yes we have too quickly brushed under the carpet his obvious failings as a hueman being. And the dirty secrets in our communities that bring us to shame.

4. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    see that's just it brotha Kamau. The cat was an unknown. What better way to put himself on the republican map than to bash Michael and pretend like he's saying what no one else has the gguts to say. They love crap like this and he knows it.

5. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    sista I am not following your line of reasoning here. You say you don't know if Michael Jackson was innocent or not but then you proceed to speak as if his guilt is a fact.

There have been and continue to be hundreds of rapists who go unprosecuted because their victims feel too much shame to testify. There are an equal number of brothas who have been lynched based on the false testimony of white women who claimed to have been raped. So we have a conflict of interest here. One's opinions and perceptions may well be based not on facts and evidence but on whichever group one identifies with the strongest. It is easy to prejudice woman against black men and children against Michael Jackson by pointing to all the silent victims who don't step forth. By the same token it is easy to prejudice black men in favor of those who have been accused whether falsely or justly.

I base my opinions and perceptions on the testimony of Uri Geller, Michael's hypnotist

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...but-I-had-to-know-the-truth-about-Jordie.html

In all of Michael's life there is nothing to suggest that he is perverted beyond the accusations of people who were blatantly digging for gold. In all the music that he produced something of a hidden nature surely would have come out in the course of some forty years. The press speaks glibly of his inappropriate relationship with boys and we repeat what they say without the slightest bit of evidence just based on what we know about perverted people. I think that's called begging the question.

6. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    Michael Jackson wanted to be white anyway, who cares.

7. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    What I said, was that his relationship with young boys was obviously inappropriate. In his interview with Oprah he openly admits to sleeping in the same bed as children who were not his own offspring. I have a problem with that (and the parents that dropped off their children unsupervised) Michael Jackson was a huge hero to millions of people, many of them were children, so by that alone, it places him in a position of what is coined as authority and power. He would not have to go to far to coerce or seduce a child into inappropriate behavior.

To me if it smells bad from a distance, it's not going to smell like roses up close.

There's no conflict here at all. Each case is a separate on for justice and deserves that much. The men who are falsely accused of raping white womben do not need to be compared to Michael Jackson. They do not have his money, his influence or his ability to buy public opinion.

There is no prejudice here, like I said, if it smells bad from a distance.... and no grown adult can honestly condone sleeping in the same bed with kids that are not your own. Uh uh, not where I come from...

You are entitled to base your opinion on the facts that stand out to you. I don't qualify the hypnotist as a sound source of testimony. To say there is nothing perverted about his life seems a bit contrary to the obvious.

"Perversion is a concept describing those types of human behavior that are perceived to be a serious deviation from what is considered to be orthodox or normal. Although it can refer to varying forms of deviation, it is most often used to describe sexual behaviors that are seen as abnormal or excessive." Wikipedia...

Now, without considering his sexual practices, we can look towards his obvious self-hate as an African person. Not only are his children WHITE, without any African features, but Michael eradicated his own Black features in favor of the oppressive beauty of Caucasians. Towards the latter part of his life, his identification as a grown man was also suppressed towards a transformation into a quasi-female. This is most likely a manifestation of his inner need for nurturing and security. To some, that is a perversion of spirit. But I guess it depends on one's perspective.

8. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I can only say this. I know a brother personally who spent 12 years in prison for such a crime, finally to have DNA prove the innocence he had claimed all along. Kind'a puts things like this in a whole new perspective.
    What I wanted to get at though was the fact that this King fellow chose now to spew out his own form of hatred and prejudice. I wonder where he was at when these allegations against Michael first came up. But I also wonder what he has to say about Elvis Pressely when he married that teenage girl Priscilla, or any of his cohorts in congress that seem to enjoy having sex, or raping pages. I'm sure that as we speak, there are numerous examples in his own circle, of perverse actions being carried out right now.

By the way, speaking of Elvis, has anyone else noticed that when it comes to him, they call him the king of rock & roll, but when it comes to Michael, the media calls him the "self proclaimed king of pop"?
    Just wondering......

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    whether we want to admit it or not....
    mike jack was a weirdo...a genius at entertaining....but a weirdo none the less...
    conservatives will pick any black person to talk negative about if it furthers their agenda...i wouldn't even take it personally....
    we all know mike is the king of pop...while elvis was not the king of rock....
    wasn't that run dmc? lolol....

one love
    khasm

10. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    elvis who?? everybody knows that[Richard Penniman]is the true king of rock n roll,hahahahaha-Little Richard to those of you who don't know.