Black People : This Reparations Thing

oldiesman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 9, 2006
for some time now the debate has raged in every corner of black america and the questions still come-when-if-how much-in what form???...do you all really think that america is gonna make good on the wrong done to the decendents of the trans atlantic slave trade?....OF COURSE NOT,but let's say a miracle does happen and the great white father in the white house says..ok,ok stop buggin me i'll do it,then what?will we be satisfied with whatever form it comes in?will it bring us closer as a people?none of us here will live to see it that's for sure,but should the miracle occur at some point in the distant future it will be interesting to see how we respond.

I dont hear no serious reparation debate in my community. Nobody is hardly talking it beyond a one line response. (oh double negative, check it)

Reparations has to come out of a local effort on local government. There are many towns in America with great slavery secrets that they dont want to expose.

Same with Native Americans. I know countless evidence has disappear of exactly what areas they lived in before the "move". I will be posting something about it entitled "Get moving" in the history forum.

That Jones Boy said:
They never even gave us our forty acres and a mule think they are really that different now?

brotha you broke it down, they aint no different now the only difference is that they are more clever in how they deny us reperations, infact the treatment that we recieve is worse now we just dont reconize it at times because the oppressor is skillful in telling black folk what we want to hear after each time we vioce our concern on how we are treated, and the thing is whenever you see someone make promises without any real change it always reminds me of something that is written in the bible that the devil promises only to decieve. Will we ever get our reperations not until we argue for it collectively as a people, as long as we are devidid then the story will remain the same because the oppressor has no intention to give us it willingly

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back