Black People : This Pisses Me OFF!!! 3 year old gets a weave!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Jul 17, 2010.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    I woke up early this morning to this video and I was sitting on the edge of the bed pissed the hell off!!!!

It almost made me want to throw my computer out the window. When a 3 year old is complaining about how she looks we have problems. She thinks she looks beautiful with longer straight white folks looking hair because here ignorant mom and grandma don't know any better. It is for this reason I don't mess with a woman with weaves are permed hair. The grandmother says, "she is vain" - well the baby is only 3 - she learned it from someone.

here is the video!

Click Here to watch video!

This right here - has got to stop!!!

Peace

Ru2religious

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    It's not just the weave. It's the mental and emotional clime of pageants.

It's the lesson about "beauty" that is instilled in our little girls, especially that young.

If this little girl were not involved in pageants, her mother would probably not be putting weave in her hair. Obviously, the child's hair is normally prepared in its natural state and in age-appropriate styles.

And the mother (smh), she thinks its so "cute" to have this little "Diva-in-training." (smh)

By the time that little girl is 15, she's prolly gonna have weave in her hair and blue or grey contacts in her eyes, and long fake nails, fake eyelashes, and all the other necessary "accessories" for her "Diva-ness."

And all of this will be sanctioned by and paid for by her mother. (smh)

However, after I saw a mother showing her daughter how to work a stripper pole, not much else shocks me.>>>>>http://www.blackbottom.com/watch.php?v=YhiKSsm7VyM

3. Blaklioness

Blaklioness Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,812
    Yes, and integration really helped "up" our common sense, dignity, and self-respect...smh. Truly pathetic...smh.

4. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    yeah, that's pretty sad.

5. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    Disturbing to say the least. I witnessed something similar to the stripper pole a weekend ago. There was an event held for kids at a park and there was a dance contest. All of the contestants were under the age of ten. Some way under. The only thing missing from their dancing was them being naked and men throwing dollars at them. Those little girls had the humping, bumping, twisting, and grinding down. And they gave out trophies. Yeah, insane.

What too many value, what too many emulate is way screwed up. There is even a thread on here about the most beautiful women in Africa or something to that effect. It left me saying huh? "Beauty" is in the eye of the beholder and is truly more than skin deep. Not how glamorized one can be or what about you you can make appear European. Who in that thread knows those women personally to judge their physical attributes unglamorized and their character unscripted to know if they actually deserve the honor of being called beautiful? Just saying. A more appropriate title to the thread would have been these are the physical attributes I like in African women, who agrees? And then an explanation as to why. It would have made for a much more interesting and informative conversation.

Not only are we off the mark on what is beauty (a title given to easily) and on what makes a woman or a man for that matter valuable, but we are a messed up people in a messed up world. The damage and the terrible distortion that runs so terribly deep has got to be undone. I am an optimistic person. I believe restoration is coming.

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Truely it really hurts my heart to see our babies/ youth be manifest into beliving this cute/pretty
    and makes them more fashionable........Hot mess shame on these parents for allowing this to happen
    and destroying the true nature of being natural

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,529
    Some folks notions of equality etc. are just that personal and subjective, as in--if its ok with white folk, it's ok with me...

Common (good) sense/ethics/morality/etc.:

So much for 'the good ole days'...

Therefore the bad present ones...

:10500:

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Yeah. Rather disgusting!

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    silly & sad destroying the true culture so young and they will teach there young
    and soon the natural faze will be gone for this fake trend and life style....shame shame shame !!!!

10. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    And it is generational. The grandmother prolly ain't but 35.

Under normal circumstances kids would outgrow this. Both my little sister and one of my cousins came home from school one day and announced that they wanted to be white. My family was able to counter the pressure they were getting at school. But these kids are not receiving any other message. There is no counter message. And the message they are getting will become their "common sense" because it is common.