African American History Culture : This new lynching memorial rewrites American history

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
This new lynching memorial rewrites American history
Text by Nia-Malika Henderson, Senior Political Reporter, CNN Video by Channon Hodge, Wes Little, John Rubenstahl and Katia Hetter, CNN • Updated 9th April 2018

Montgomery, Alabama (CNN) — It is Alabama's version of progress, featuring a revitalized downtown that has helped put this city on The New York Times list of top destinations to visit in 2018. And with the April 26 opening of two new venues — The National Memorial for Peace and Justice and The Legacy Museum: From Enslavement to Mass Incarceration— the history told in this city is both more complete and less triumphant ...

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/lynching-memorial-montgomery-alabama/index.html

The Equal Justice Initiative will open The National Memorial for Peace and Justice on April 26 near its headquarters in Montgomery, Alabama. Visitors see Ghanaian artist Kwame Akoto-Bamfo's sculpture when they walk into the memorial.
Human Pictures/Equal Justice Initiative

IFE

Jan 20, 2015

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great:

America's first lynching memorial is about to open in the 'Cradle of the Confederacy' — here's what it looks like

Leanna Garfield

For over 150 years, the city of Montgomery, Alabama has been known as the "Cradle of the Confederacy." In 1861, the city played a central role in the formation of the Confederate States of America, made up of 11 US states that sought to secede and maintain slavery ...

http://www.businessinsider.com/alabamas-lynching-slavery-memorial-america-montgomery-opening-2018-4

A rendering of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice in Montgomery, Alabama.
EJI

A rendering of the National Memorial for Peace and Justice in Montgomery, Alabama.
EJI/MASS Design Group

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
This type of project should be created at Stone Mountain Park. Where the KKK beat and hanged slaves.
The monument of confederate generals is carved into the mountain and can’t be removed. You can even take a tour of plantations.
This type of display would fit right in with the confederate generals on Stone Mountain. Sure talks are underway.
We plan to visit Alabama this summer.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Life is just a breath, but your works last forever.
@Destee
During this time, I wanna to wish everyone on this site the most blesseth and positive energy throughout
the rest of 2020 as we continue to persevere and raise awareness during this plandemic.
Continue to stay safe
and healthy. We're in the perfect time to self-care and boost our immune systems through at home remedies.
@Destee
I know this is my first status update since 2020 begin, but all of us agree that 2020 delivered a low-blow
to each of us with the miscellaneous events we have recently seen which brought all of us great displeasure.
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.