Black Spirituality Religion : This Is Why I Have Such A Problem With Christianity

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Kamau47, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I was running through the morning's news when I saw this in CNN;

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/12/25/RichJesus/index.html

Now, at first, it really didn't catch my eye. It was just another article about christians. But as I checked it out, I began to see a theme which is just another reason I can't get with them (and before any of you start to jump on me, let me say this. I said "I, Me". I am not condemning anyone for their religious beliefs, nor am I judging you. I'm stating simply how/why "I" feel the way I do).
    As I see it, I thought that christianity was about God, Jesus and Belief; and not about money. And this one sentence said it all to me

"They say that Jesus was never poor -- and neither should his followers be".

This sounds to me like it is an excuse for the follower to obtain wealth, that they have found a loophole in the bible to get all they can, money wise. In other words.....Greed.
    Even so, it also shows me further just how much this religion is unsure even of itself; of how much it doesn't know about its own self. More & more I see christianity finding ways to get around the bible, the commandments and the
    basic word of God. To me, christianity has already been used to create some of the most horrendous crimes against man in history. Now, it seems that the justification continues.

2. hellogood

hellogood Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +261
    Wealth?

There's GREAT wealth in spirit and righteousness. Most people that are wealthy could care less about soul.

3. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    As an adult, African with a knowledge of self, and with the understanding that ithas tacken 8 years since 9/11 to make this nation fascist, would you not assume that the propaganda presented on corporate media has nohing to do withChristianity an that ithas ben twisted and distorted by Western culture since 100 years after it's inception?

I'ts kind of like judging whether or not Africans can govern themselves by looking at despotic puppets of white dependency like Mobutu, and Jonas Savimbi,

rather then doing the research, and looking at Sisostris, Queen Nzinga, Yaa Asantewa, Chaka Zulu, Kwame Nkhruhma, and Julius Nyere.

How can any one determine the efficacy of an ideology, phiolsophy, or belief system,
    by the expressions of the hypocrates, alone????
    rather the

4. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I take nothing at face value that I see/get from the media.
    But when it is validated by the actions of those around me everyday, then at some point I have to say "they got this one right".

5. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    My apologies brother, but you did not answer the question, regarding how can anyone judge any institution if,
    ones only representation of that institution is presented by those who do not believe in it or actually follow it.

Like I said they use the same prejudice to make blanket assumptions about us when they talk about the present condition of Africa, or our lack of economic or political power in the inner cities.

Some folks cannot see further then thier own nose, but what is the perspective of our toddlers and 5 year olds growing up ithe poverty and lack of African centered, but instead commercialy controlled environment of the PJs across the nation?

What is thier view of the world, and our collective action or inaction in preparing a future for them, as opposed to them making assumptions about the world,
    from the limited vantage point they are afforded?

6. blkbutterfly41

blkbutterfly41 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +483
    I hear ya, We do what we are taught to do. That's follow man rather then God. ( By any name )

Man is clever, and found many wasy to use God to gain what they want.

1- War- Each side fighting for teh sake of Their god and killing each other. We mentally justify that.

2-Christmas and other pagan holidays. Man said, Jesus is born on this day so we get into dept , many stealing and robbing from each other to give these gifts. Businesses flourish this time of year. And we fond a way to justify this. Thanksgivng, people starving all year round, but they can eat on this day for free.

3- Treatment of each other. Nuff said, Those that walk like Christ we should see by this actions ONLY. Words are over rated in my humble opinion.

Jesus wasn't poor , He relied on his people for what was essential and vital. He had no luxuries like what we put so much stock in today. Yet, we will put the Preacher , Pope, etc in the fancy car , and house etc.

I understand why you feel the way you do. As most IMO are simply confused because if you don't know yourself to can't know God, IMHO.

Until we learn to look with different eyes we will remain lost.

Thanks and Peace

7. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    because....

these people are the ones in the front of the line loudly proclaiming their faith

8. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I guess that the only thing I can say was what I posted at first, which is I am not judging. I do not attempt to say that what is transpiring is either right or wrong. I just do not believe in it, nor support it. Even then, I'm not saying that my views are right or wrong.
    But I can say that the only way I can see things are through my eyes, distorted or not. I can only hope that I am open to change & growth so that my views may also change & grow as well.

9. 360

360 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +148
    How dare you insult Pastor Jenkins' interpretation of the word!?

Black Jesus wants us ALL to have huggie bear suits, gators, Bentleys, and mansions. I know because I talked to him yesterday. Black Jesus is my homie.

Wait, hold on. Black Jesus just chirped me. I'll be back to finish this in a minute, and I'm SNITCHING on you. That's right I'm telling Black Jesus everything you said. MMMHMMM. YUP.

10. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Tell him old dog from around the way said "Sup"!