Black Spirituality Religion : This Is Why I Have Such A Problem With Christianity

Kamau47

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 6, 2005
I was running through the morning's news when I saw this in CNN;

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/12/25/RichJesus/index.html

Now, at first, it really didn't catch my eye. It was just another article about christians. But as I checked it out, I began to see a theme which is just another reason I can't get with them (and before any of you start to jump on me, let me say this. I said "I, Me". I am not condemning anyone for their religious beliefs, nor am I judging you. I'm stating simply how/why "I" feel the way I do).
As I see it, I thought that christianity was about God, Jesus and Belief; and not about money. And this one sentence said it all to me

"They say that Jesus was never poor -- and neither should his followers be".

This sounds to me like it is an excuse for the follower to obtain wealth, that they have found a loophole in the bible to get all they can, money wise. In other words.....Greed.
Even so, it also shows me further just how much this religion is unsure even of itself; of how much it doesn't know about its own self. More & more I see christianity finding ways to get around the bible, the commandments and the
basic word of God. To me, christianity has already been used to create some of the most horrendous crimes against man in history. Now, it seems that the justification continues.

I was running through the morning's news when I saw this in CNN;

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/wayoflife/12/25/RichJesus/index.html

Now, at first, it really didn't catch my eye. It was just another article about christians. But as I checked it out, I began to see a theme which is just another reason I can't get with them (and before any of you start to jump on me, let me say this. I said "I, Me". I am not condemning anyone for their religious beliefs, nor am I judging you. I'm stating simply how/why "I" feel the way I do).
As I see it, I thought that christianity was about God, Jesus and Belief; and not about money. And this one sentence said it all to me

"They say that Jesus was never poor -- and neither should his followers be".

This sounds to me like it is an excuse for the follower to obtain wealth, that they have found a loophole in the bible to get all they can, money wise. In other words.....Greed.
Even so, it also shows me further just how much this religion is unsure even of itself; of how much it doesn't know about its own self. More & more I see christianity finding ways to get around the bible, the commandments and the
basic word of God. To me, christianity has already been used to create some of the most horrendous crimes against man in history. Now, it seems that the justification continues.
As an adult, African with a knowledge of self, and with the understanding that ithas tacken 8 years since 9/11 to make this nation fascist, would you not assume that the propaganda presented on corporate media has nohing to do withChristianity an that ithas ben twisted and distorted by Western culture since 100 years after it's inception?

I'ts kind of like judging whether or not Africans can govern themselves by looking at despotic puppets of white dependency like Mobutu, and Jonas Savimbi,

rather then doing the research, and looking at Sisostris, Queen Nzinga, Yaa Asantewa, Chaka Zulu, Kwame Nkhruhma, and Julius Nyere.

How can any one determine the efficacy of an ideology, phiolsophy, or belief system,
by the expressions of the hypocrates, alone????
rather the

I take nothing at face value that I see/get from the media.
But when it is validated by the actions of those around me everyday, then at some point I have to say "they got this one right".
My apologies brother, but you did not answer the question, regarding how can anyone judge any institution if,
ones only representation of that institution is presented by those who do not believe in it or actually follow it.

Like I said they use the same prejudice to make blanket assumptions about us when they talk about the present condition of Africa, or our lack of economic or political power in the inner cities.

Some folks cannot see further then thier own nose, but what is the perspective of our toddlers and 5 year olds growing up ithe poverty and lack of African centered, but instead commercialy controlled environment of the PJs across the nation?

What is thier view of the world, and our collective action or inaction in preparing a future for them, as opposed to them making assumptions about the world,
from the limited vantage point they are afforded?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back