This is Terrible...

Discussion in 'Black Men - Fathers - Brothers - Sons' started by CarrieMonet, Dec 15, 2004.

1. CarrieMonet

CarrieMonet Well-Known Member MEMBER

Love my job!
    Ratings:
    +15
  2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I second that motion Carrie! Although I must say this guy more than likely didn't make that great of an effort to visit the "believed" child (which contributed to the situation).

3. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    I third that motion :)

I started a thread in the Black Parenting forum awhile back about this too.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I remember brother Manasiac...I had your "back" in that thread too!

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    it's a shame and scam how women do this to men out of anger and hate
    now you talking about betrayal , he should have visit his child to see it wasn't
    a child the system is foul .

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Anyone who has ever read any of my post on the subject knows that I feel Paternity Fraud is an injustice, and that it exist in greater numbers than people believe (I personally know victims of this). I feel that not only is Paternity Fraud wrong, but it is dangerous because it encourages men not to be involved in possible children's lives! However, I don't consider this to be a "classic" case. This isn't a case where the man was involved with the child's day to day life, only to find out years later, said child wasn't his (I personally know cases like this). It wasn't even a case where the man knew in advance said child wasn't his, yet the woman still tried to make him pay (I also personally know cases like this). In this case there was no child at all, and the man was completely unaware because he didn't make a sufficient effort to see "it". The woman was still wrong as all "getout", but the man in question did contribute to this situation by not trying to visit his "child"! Ironically I have heard about a case like this as well (it happened to an old co-worker of my father), dude made no effort to see his supposed child by his ex-wife, and got scamed!

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Another thing to consider--such situations could lead to inadequate health care for the child. If that health care requires hereditary testing to trace the cause of some disorder or if the real father has some hereditary disorder the doctors need to know about or the doctors misdiagnose the child with some disorder from the fake father--if the mother was dishonest enough to fake paternity there's no reason why she might not risk the child's health by not telling the truth which could definately blow her cover.

8. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Situations like these are often when this type of deception is discovered! My mother in-law is a pediatric nurse, and they occasionally have to test "parents" for medical procedures. She stated that many times the "believed" father (the husband) has no genetic link to the "believed child. Again this happens more often than I think society wants to admit!

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Women with integrity who lobby and fight for child support on behalf of women with children who in dire need of it should also lobby and fight just as hard against paternity fraud. Fair is fair and right is right in this situation. Any woman guilty of this would not get my support of empathy.

Queenie :spinstar:

10. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    I missed your reply NN Queen, but you are absolutely right...both situations are detrimential to the welfare of children!