Pan-Africanism : This is not a serious website for Pan-Africans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peace Omowale Jabali,

I agree that this is not a site focused-on nor consisting of serious pan-africanism. But it doesn't claim to be. I have to wonder.. Considering the history of Pan Africanism as a movement.. is the public web discussion circuit really a viable format for serious Pan African efforts?

In answering your question, obviously "public web discussion" is not really a viable format. This is why I ask people what organizations they are building so that I can do some serious networking, instead of online debating. That is why I mentioned brother rapchild. I took him seriously when no one else did and in turn I was invited to become a member of his organization, and from there I founded a local chapter of the same organization based in Accra, Ghana.

I use these threads to share information and bounce around ideas with friends and associates in my inner circle of Brothers, all of which have a mutual respect for each other and mutual trust because we all are activists with constituencies.

So, for me, and I am only speaking for myself, a discussion board is just that, and when spamming and trolling takes over then that forum loses its viability.

I know you know what I'm talking about and I don't have to spell it out to you.

Peace Omowale Jabali,

I agree that this is not a site focused-on nor consisting of serious pan-africanism. But it doesn't claim to be. I have to wonder.. Considering the history of Pan Africanism as a movement.. is the public web discussion circuit really a viable format for serious Pan African efforts?

One more thing brother Skuderjaymes.

I know that at this point the ONLY serious format for organizing Black people for any cause or purpose is not above ground, unless you got serious community base, and even then there are internal organs that must be organized in secret.

That was my purpose in posting the "dirty tricks" thread, to see who would be the first to deny the strategy of "underground" organizing, even though they claim to know Malcolm and his family, even though he himself said organize "by any means necessary".

Obviously, these kinds of people are not serious, can not be taken seriously, and are an obstruction to any serious building (just look at some of the stupid videos some post to dummy down discussion making a Higher Standard an impossibility).

Then why discuss anything at all, if everything is about fear of the boggey man. Destee seems to be an adult site fit for children to read but not for children, so that differences of opinion would be expected instead of feared.

There is much information here that many are not aware of and it is an honor to be here to share information. I think IMHO, that is what these types of venues are for, at least that is why I paid for premium membership, to share and care!

One more thing brother Skuderjaymes.

I know that at this point the ONLY serious format for organizing Black people for any cause or purpose is not above ground, unless you got serious community base, and even then there are internal organs that must be organized in secret.

That was my purpose in posting the "dirty tricks" thread, to see who would be the first to deny the strategy of "underground" organizing, even though they claim to know Malcolm and his family, even though he himself said organize "by any means necessary".

Obviously, these kinds of people are not serious, can not be taken seriously, and are an obstruction to any serious building (just look at some of the stupid videos some post to dummy down discussion making a Higher Standard an impossibility).

Indeed. I understand what you're saying.

regarding the underground though..

I think completely underground has a danger to it.. in that the interpretation of the content can be skewed more easily because fewer people know about it. Folks could claim you were talking about overthrowing the government or something.

I think what you really need is a private forum with a public record.. meaning.. an organization that publishes it's questions, conclusions and activities to a public forum.
So you have invitation-only panel discussions, meetings, interviews, etc.. and you simply broadcast that content to many different public forums.. and also to print media.. newspapers.. and a published periodical.. etc. Even better than that would be a school that places an academic context around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back