Pan-Africanism : This is not a serious website for Pan-Africans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
you know you can't just jump out the bushes on black peoople with some top-secret mantra that your superiors have allowed you to share.. black folks don't respond to that mumbo jumbo.. not unless you put it too a beat and combine it with a catchy melody.. make it into something they can shake their rumps to.. then they'll play it and sing it.. and medidate to it.. complete with drugs to grease the slats of reception.. They'll even each it to their kids and friends.. and spend money on it.. and cherish it for the rest of their lives. But they don't think those are mantras because they are called "songs".. shhhh.. keep it low though.. sleepwalkers are dangerous.. and you can't tell em sht anyway.
I think people wanted to know what the saying meant, as well as the foundation of it all.
People wanted to learn, people just wanted to know what they were learning IMO.

If there is information that people can use to better themselves, why hold back?
Cat and mouse is not good in the spread of information IMO.

I see you told him that too.

@ Adhominem.. Thanks.. Good looking out.. But listen perhaps you should spend a bit more time working on your communication skills. Maybe you need a more subtle approach.

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
I think people wanted to know what the saying meant, as well as the foundation of it all.
People wanted to learn, people just wanted to know what they were learning IMO.

If there is information that people can use to better themselves, why hold back?
Cat and mouse is not good in the spread of information IMO.

I see you told him that too.

Exactly. I would really have liked to discuss Mantras.. and the fact that we use them heavily already. It really is an interesting topic when you approach it as equals.. but when you cloak and condescend, it turns into something else.

MS234

Mar 1, 2010
Exactly. I would really have liked to discuss Mantras.. and the fact that we use them heavily already. It really is an interesting topic when you approach it as equals.. but when you cloak and condescend, it turns into something else.

This is so deep. Many don't realize just how deep this is.

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Are mantras similar to affirmations? The OP placed his thread in the PanAfrican forum. Is this more of a cultural tradition as opposed to spiritual--or maybe both?

Are there people here who are competent enough to hold a conversation about mantras? I'd like to learn about it if there are. Maybe someone can start a NEW thread, since the title of this one might be offensive to some.

Just an idea...

Omowale Jabali

The Cosmic Journeyman
PREMIUM MEMBER
Sep 29, 2005
Temple of Kali, Yubaland
Occupation
Creative Industrialist
Are mantras similar to affirmations? The OP placed his thread in the PanAfrican forum. Is this more of a cultural tradition as opposed to spiritual--or maybe both?

Are there people here who are competent enough to hold a conversation about mantras? I'd like to learn about it if there are. Maybe someone can start a NEW thread, since the title of this one might be offensive to some.

Just an idea...

Judging by the thread OP(which I have come to agree with) is some are more concerned with provoking others to debate how can any serious discussion take place that can move us forward?

Did the author of this thread mention mantras and if so what was the context in which this was mentioned?

Please don't take offense in my asking questions because I'm trying get a better idea where all of you are coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.
Destee wrote on candeesweet's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! :love: ... it's good to see you! I hope you and yours are all well and staying safe. I Love You! :kiss: