Black Spirituality Religion : This is getting ridiculous....

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Pharaoh Jahil, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Peace...

Sam, Aum, Ralf, Sek, Info can we all just get along... These POINTLESS arguments are becoming real childish especially from some grown *** men.

Every thread at the top is being taken over on some personal beef all because we can't respect each other's religous/spiritual differences.

I am starting this thread, hoping that each of you can just get it off your chest, agree to disagree and move on. Where's the UNITY at BLACK MEN?

Peace...

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    PEACE JAHIL:

I agree, and though I've stated more than once that I would refrain from it, I've unfortunately found myself sucked into the melee.

Please 4-give my transgressions, as I will endeavor to do better.

I am God of my Universe, and as such, it is my responsibility to maintain the galaxies therein.

PEACE

3. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Pharao Jahil

Salaams..

I concur with everything you've said brutha,

This back and forth between me Samurai and Infomoetry is more of an ego thing than a real disagreement.

To be honest, my nature loves challenge so I can't function properly when we're all lovey-dovey...but I agree that this has gotten out of hand.

I'm willing to extend the Olive branch to those 2 bruthaz.

Also to brutha AUM and Sek...especially brutha Sek because I feel his heart is sincere.

But to satisfy my mind, I'd still like to know if brutha Info and Sam know eachother outside of this site.

4. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    You've been feelin it too Brother Pharoah Jahil?

I thought maybe I was being a little sensitive to the issues presented, so I decided to let my Brother's work it out on their own. It's one thing to disagree, its another thing to drag that disagreement into every discussion that is presented.

This community is about embracing, loving, and encouraging one another. I know it can be very difficult at times, when being around so many diverse personalities. Still a level of peace is mandatory here! If that peace is constantly being disrupted, then the moderating team will address the problem and negotiate a solution, which in turn, could lead into the banning of our members. This is something we don't take pride in doing, as all our members are very important and valuable to us!

So I ask that we respect the integrity of this community, and support its purpose in uniting all our people together for a common cause!

Thank you Brother SAMURAI, for your willingness to maintain the harmony of this galaxy!

5. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Thank you Brother Ralfa'il! :terrific: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Lets grow closer together and not further apart!

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank you Brother Pharaoh Jahil for posting this thread.

For those that don't know ... our peace will not be broken (for any great length of time) by your actions.

This community is not a battleground, but a place of refuge from the battles we face daily.

If you can't contribute to that, you'll find your stay here short.

Much Love and Peace Family.

:heart:

Destee

7. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    When I saw Destee's name on the thread I said "Uh oh!....let me see how bad the damage is."

Like I said, all's well with me.
    Debating is just in my nature but I can be respectful.

...the Olive branch is still out.

Purple:

Thanx for the encouraging words sis.

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    The branch is accepted, on my part, and extended in the same manner.

I appreciate the spirit of debate as well, as adverse ideas help us to grow mentally, if not spiritually.

However, there is, as with all things, an etiquette that should be upheld along with.

If we all fail to do this, then we become no better than those whom we wish to impart our "wisdom" upon.

PEACE

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,689
    Thank you everyone ... for being willing to help maintain and protect the peace we've been blessed with.

I'm honored.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

10. Ralfa'il

Ratings:
    +16
    Destee...thanx for your understanding sis.

Personally.....

I am kind of angry that so many of us as AfroAmerican men can seem to come together to pimp, sell dope, gang-bang or commit other types of immoral or illegal behavior against ourselves and community....

But when it comes to being righteous and dropping knowledge, we all have to buck with and compete with eachother for a little fame or lime.

From what I'm seeing, ain't but a hand full of us around who actually appreciate gaining knowledge about religion, science, and history. Most of the other bruthaz I grew up with just didn't care and only wanted to get drunk, fight, go to clubs, and slang.

They are so brainwashed and caught up in the system, they could care less about what happened in Egypt or who first brought Islam.

If you're into knowledge, you're seen as crazy or weird and actually "annoy" some people.

You try to talk sense to some of them and they scawl up like you threw acid on them.

"Arrhhhgggg man get away from me wit dat black power sh.t!"

"Ain't no body tryna hear all dat Malcolm Luther King sh.t. where dem OZ at???"

Instead of competing with and fighting eachother, we should stick together as pilgrims or pioneers in the wilderness of ignorance in this land of ours.

What we as concious black men who love science and knowledge NEED to do is figure out how to ...as Lauryn Hill said....."reverse the hypnosis" of our people and start making some of them love knowledge instead of foolishness.

Don't forget we're still men.
    We need to convince our beautiful young sistaz that we bruthaz who drop science are better than those fools riding around in 20's with thier cars rattling. They are just following the crowd and go by what they see on television.

We need to represent our intellect to the point that any brutha who tries to step will be ashamed to try to lay down game without some science to go with it.