Black Poetry : This is a reply to "war on the black man"

I understand where ever one is coming from, I was just saying that at some point in ours lives we need to stand up for our own actions. I know that there are black people out there thats doing everything right. But at the same time we don't blame the white man for the good things that happens in our lives, but we're quick to blame them for the bad.
For the most part I enjoy my black men all that they have done and will do, but it that 48% that gives all black men a bad name. That was the whole point of my poem. I'm so sorry if I made anyone uneasy cause that wasn't what I was tring to do. I was tring to make people look at things from another view. once again I'm sorry....

ONE THING I KNOW!

BE NOT DISCOURAGED AND DO NOT INHIBIT YO FLOW
DESTEE IS A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN SPEAK WHAT YOU
FEEL YA KNOW! IF IT BE MASS ACCEPTANCE , THEN THAT
IS AN ELUSIVE FEAT. BUT LIFE ON DESTEE IS JUST TOO
SWEET. NO APOLOGY NEEDED, THEY TOLD ME ONCE ALSO
SO DON'T GO CHANGING YO VIBE SCRIBE BECAUSE
SOME WILL ALWAYS BE OFFENDED YA KNOW!
GET YA FLOW ON!
"I MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOU SAY, BUT I DEFEND
TO THE DEATH , YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT'! UNKNOWN TO ME
BUT IT HOLDS TRUE, SOME ONE SAID IT, BELIEVE IT!
PEACE AND PROSPERITY AND BLESSINGS ON YA HOUSE!:peace:

You don't have to apologize

I don't believe no one is angry at you. It just that this is such a frustrating situation in America with no ez solutions. There are valid points on both sides of this friendly discussion. I agree with Epiphany when she says we need to "fix" our own house. Personally, I believe that if we as a people...a race, would humble ourselves before God and stop our "self-destructing" tactics...we would be stronger as a people in effectively warring against the injustices we suffer here in America. If we don't stop the crumbling from within...we won't be able to fight it from without.

I don't ever remember seeing your name before...welcome to the forum.
:)

you are so confused

think about the history

drugs don't make it in the hood without the "man's" OK

yeah we do alot of destruction to our own by condition

our division comes from slavery where they separated families and pitted each african against each other that still holds true today

maybe the system doesn't affect you but i would hate to see the day you hit that ceiling and why are you called "givemefreedom" ?

oxymoron perhaps

we have to do what we have to do to survive, we talking basic survival here

you are confused

the things that we go through have been in place for hundreds of years
and that's we will never be together because of people who are hypnotized
and refuse to understand this environment

yeah i'm free

free to be dissed
free to be financially lynched
free to be overlooked for the job i was supposed to get

if i try to live in a white neighborhood they will burn my house down
but when the live in the hood nobody bothers them

but you don't understand why i'm angry

Da Street so'ja

I'm far from being confused I was just stating what I see everyday where I live. I live in the heart of Chicago. I have seen so many different things that we have caused on ourselves. Me confused NO.
On the other hand you are questions my name. Givemefreedom means to me. Give me the freedom to choose my own life, the freedom to be free from self and not to be a slave of society. Thats what me name means to me. I don't know what it ment to you but thats what it means to me.
I don't understand why I'm I defending myself and the way I feel????? I understand that we need to uplift our people but, at the same time we need to comdemn them for their worng doing also
Me,,, confused not by a long shot
Is it alright that we agree to disagree. Is it alright that i look at things from a different view then you, and not be called confused????? Some of the thing that we're said in "war on black men" I agree with but now that side was said, I thought that I'll it give another view.

Replys a welcomed

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back