This is a Complaint

anAfrican said:
check your PMs, destee; it'll have been a few weeks ago ...

Okay Brother anAfrican ... i went and read the PM. I will respond to it privately, but since you've mentioned it here, i must say there's nothing in there that speaks to a violation in this community. You talk about your basic dissatisfaction with our people in general, how we don't respond the way you think we should, how we're slow to act on things that you feel should be acted on, some personal conversations you and i have had, but nothing that i can really act on.

Understand Brother anAfrican, i'm a Member here like everyone else. I don't have the ability to make Sisters and Brothers say or do anything, or act in any special kinda way. All i can do is carry myself in a manner that might encourage someone else to be patient, kind, loving, peaceful, etc., but that's really where my control ends. Each Member is free to be themselves, so long as they aren't breaking our rules.

I don't really know what exactly that PM has to do with thread, other than more feelings being shared. I understand how you feel. I have feelings too. If you think you're already discouraged at what takes place here sometimes, and you're only in for the time and money you're into this ... imagine for a moment how disappointed i must be from time to time! No matter that though Brother, i can't let my disappointment move me to quit. I can't give up. I'm in it for the long haul. I've been here since day one, and good, bad, or ugly, i'll be here until the end.

I can't make Sisters and Brothers respond the way you or i may want them to. We have to work with what we have. That happens to be Sisters and Brothers from around the world conditioned with hundreds of years of weapons of mass destruction put upon us. We are not all that we should be. We have much healing that needs to take place, in a multitude of areas in our lives. This is what we're working with, a wounded people. All of us are wounded to some degree or another. We have to work with what we have. I just don't understand what you want me to do about this. I'm not God. I can't make everyone well, and focused, and loving themselves and their people with a flip of a switch. If i could, it would have already been done.

Again Brother anAfrican ... these aren't complaints that i can really do anything about. All we can do is hope the best for each Sister and Brother that comes here, try to be an example to them, an encouragement to them, give them some love, embrace them, share some knowledge and wisdom ... that's it. It is totally up to each individual what they do with what we give.

I will respond to your PM privately and more specifically, but i can't fix all that stuff. All i can really do is fix me, and encourage you to fix you, and together we encourage others to fix themselves ... if fix'n is what is needed.

:heart:

Destee

Kemetstry said:
That this seems arbitrary in nature. Moreover, the pat answer you gave cant explain the sanitizing that is being done in some cases

Btw, I did and gave an example, and receive no response

I don't see an example in this thread. Provide a link please to what you're complaining about.

Destee

Kemetstry said:
By the fact that this thread seems to have struck a chord, is it not better to address this over all feeling rather than seemingly allow it to fester?

You're welcome to address anything you'd like.

The point of this particular forum, and this particular thread (i thought), was to present a complaint, issue, violation, or something that i could possibly address and correct if necessary. It's hard enough trying to address and correct real violations, with evidence attached. I really can't entertain trying to officially speak to every Member and their feelings, feelings that don't have any evidence to support them. No, i'm sorry, i can't do that, i just don't have time ... but you and anyone else that would like to ... may go on and on about feelings you are not able to substantiate.

Please, help yourselves.

Destee

Me personally.. I have no examples cause threads were moved to never to be claimed lane.. and brother anafrican was the only one that defended me.. when it came down to it. I remember a time when it would have not been tolerated.. but that time has gone. I guess u gotta take the good with the bad.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back