This is a Complaint

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Kemetstry, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137

As I have come back to into the community, I feel the room has become overtly PC ( Politically Correct ). How can one have a discussion that involves any topic of today, abortion, oow births, politics, etc and not encounter passion. Passion that may offend one view or another. Not that such passion in and of itself could be viewed as offensive. But the side a particular person may take can be. I have seen threads shut down and members threatened over sometimes trivial and arbitrary reasons.
    I have also seen favorites played. One can not have a business and ask for money under conditions such as these. It is only a matter of time, in a letigious society as ours, that this site is taken to task over this.

2. Tantrum

Tantrum Well-Known Member MEMBER

Pos Technical Support
    Ratings:
    +12

I do see the favortism
    I also see the threats
    yet its to the point
    Where I see alot of people
    Scared of being banned
    Where they will not speak there minds
    Its almost like ther scared for real
    I hope that we do over come this
    Very true words Brother Kem

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    yo, bro! you can share this abestos tarp with me, if you want. i'm also gonna pull out my abestos overcoats; wanna borrow one?

not sure quite what to call it, myself, but i'd have to go along with the sentiment expressed here. ... darn it ... (and, no, i can not give specific examples because i have a tendency to throw that sort of stuff straight out and stay away from the places/people where it happens.)

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,137
    LMAO

Hey, I'm just saying. :lol:

I mean, you cant have certain discussions without breaking a few eggs

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Kemetstry ... are we too politically correct? I suppose to some we may be. We never promised every person in the whole wide world, a platform by which they can share their thoughts and opinions. Some will simply not fit in here, as we have a very focused goal, loving Black People. Our forums are currently open to be viewed by all, so a person can get a pretty good idea of whether this is the type of community they'd like to be associated with, based on the topics, discussions, etc., prior to joining or ever becoming a Premium Member. In addition, we have our few rules, providing more insight into how we manage here.

If there are some specific threads, discussions, situations that you'd like to complain about, please do that. At this point all you've given are vague, general references. Please provide links, names, threads, as much information as you can, to substantiate your complaint. With thousands and thousands of posts, threads, Members, situations, etc., you're going to have to be very specific, if you want your complaint addressed properly.

Looking forward to more information.

:heart:

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Show me links, give me details, names, to the favoritism, threads, etc., that you speak of.

Destee

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother anAfrican ... you can't give specific examples, because you threw that sort of stuff straight out, but what? ... you picked it back up today ... to do what? ... feed into the drama ... having no evidence to provide any support of what you're saying?

Well ... i guess ... but it's this kind of "venting" that i can do absolutely nothing about, as you are giving me nothing to work with.

Destee

8. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    sadly, this could be part of it.

truth; i didn't say anything, other than supporting a Brother's "feelings". i don't really WANT to go there as i feel that there is enough "tearing down our own" going on in too many other places. i'm simply agreeing that i am seeing/feeling a vague "something", without going to the extreme of saying "he said this", or of having to express the feelings i get when i read some of the thread titles that are posted.

<sigh> yeah, destee; i only commented "to feed into the drama" ... smh

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother anAfrican ... you are doing exactly what i'm asking the Family not to do ... presenting these vague, general complaints.

I want to be able to address your concerns, but if you can't articulate them precisely, providing evidence to support them, there's nothing i can do. You've come into this thread adding more of the same disruption, and it's frustrating at best.

If you want me to address issues that concern you, i'll need more evidence than feelings. A link, thread, example, names, something, gosh. If you really don't want to go there, don't have any thing to offer that is going to prove or disprove the situation, why even post ... except to feed into the drama?

Destee

10. ibrahim

ibrahim Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ghana
    Student
    Ratings:
    +122
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm